Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say thank you to everyone here, you're sharing of information, pics, tutorials and such are greatly appreciated.

As such, I've recently installed a Rockford Fosgate PBR300-2, which all the positive reviews were 100% correct, small but plenty powerful amp, a bit too much as I "accidently" over loaded the factory Kicker 5.25" speakers, shucks, now I am ordering a set of Polk DB6501 6.5" replacements :)

Today I installed the Lloydz Precision Timing System, actually only took me 13min 24sec, yeah I had the timer on, after reading how simply it was. Great modification, despite the nasty squall we had roll in this weekend, I can already tell its smoother running, quicker accelerating and will definitely slide the tail end out on wet roads way easier.

Tomorrow I will finish install Lloydz air filter. Juggling work, wifes work schedule, MC functions and watching daughter time is tight. I began tonight, took the seat off, d/c the tank bolts, ground wire, vent lines, cheese wedge. Tomorrow morning I'll pop the fuel line and wiring harness off, lift tank and viola, have the new filter sans rubber strip sitting in its rightful spot and assembled for more terrorizing of the asphalt.

I've made my own fork lowers using JP Cycles clamps and 1/4" thick lexan. Very effective for deterring wind buffeting, and keeping the legs drier during monsoon rains. Cost $80.

I've also made my own soft lower covers. Using vinyl I had a roll of sitting around, went to the local sewing lady with one round crash bar, we cut, folded, sewn and then attached some webbing and quick d/c clamps. These with the lower fork deflectors are awesome keeping the elements off, yet they also direct airflow straight to the engine. EZ on/off in about 6-seconds. Cost $5.

The list of mods is of course plentiful, and with the discovery of VictoryForums I am avoiding some uninformed mistakes, able to make my purchases and modifications with good intel. Knowing that I can do my own work, plus armed with the experience from this site, I almost feel like I was born to have my Cross Country.

Enough ranting I suppose, but very glad to be here. I'll get pics tomorrow after installing the Lloydz air filter.

Charlie

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Sounds like you got some awesome mods going on the bike! I hope to do some performance mods by this time next year. I have been spending most of my free time the last month or so getting my basket case of a 1973 kawasaki F7 running. When I posted I was working on it back in the summer most poked fun at me but as of yesterday I finally got it running pretty good and took it for a little ride in the back yard.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
These forums cost me money! Without them, I wouldn't have known about the Lloydz timing wheel or any other of the mods lol.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Testify, bruthuh, testify. I was mentally modding mine out weeks before I bought it while lurking here. At the risk of sounding like one of those annoying motivational posters, truly, none of us is as smart as all of us. If you are into metaphorical cat skinning, there is no better place to see which way five different guys can go in addressing the same problem or project. I am pleased to step up beside you in thanking the brain trust here even though, regrettably, many of us also wrestle with the brogster's self-control issues.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I too have been financially impacted... I bought two fisheye mirrors to stick on my stock mirrors and mirror extensions.

I'm hoping I don't need to pull out another $20 to put into this bike, this modification thing can really get out of hand.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I couldn't agree more, good info, tactfully put opinions, very positive overall feel.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Agreed, great forum, bad for the wallet. I have a box of parts that I bought off of here sitting and waiting for me to find time to put them on the bike. As well as a pile of winter project parts, temps south of 30* today again after this weekend I think I'll concede to winter and start the tear down.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Charlie, thinking of doing something similar. Which clamps did you use?
It is J&P PN: ZZ75420 Its a tight fit, but they are the correct sized clamps.

Appreciate the feedback everyone. Ty.

Charlie (I prefer the positive outlook here, this site saves me money. Regardless of this site or not, I would be modifying my Vicky, this site saves me from the mistakes ;) ).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pics to date.
My brothers CCT and my CC, last month when he rode up from SE Texas.

Backbone stripped as I prepared to install Lloydz air filter.

From the left rear, ready to mount and ride.

Front right, profile of the deflectors.

Front, for chits & giggles.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Snap, forgot the update on performance. So with the mods listed, I ran up to Tucson yesterday and back, we'll say I run a touch over the posted limits, on a regular basis, keeping the RPMs around 3200 on the interstate :) My mileage average didn't really seem to change, still getting 42mpg as done by calculating miles/gallons used, which is weird since the computer on the bike says its a bit lower than actual.

Throttle response definitely has improved, this big rig accelerated in a hurry and very smooth too. Only noticed a bit of the air intake noise, which was pleasing to hear when cranking the right hand back. Overall, very pleased with the results. Now I can't wait to get the cams and install them first quarter of 14'.

Still have a few other mods on the list yet: VictoryHID kit; Polk DB6501s w/ Metra baffles; Black skeleton hand mirrors; 2pc bag fillers, HMD520 Gorilla Bagger Bars; home made luggage rack for passenger backrest; SMT Machining Simply Sinister 21" front wheel and wrap fender; paint the lower front side pieces and center oil cooler guard; Russell Day Long custom seat just to name a few. I don't want to get too carried away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts