Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sitting here enjoying it right now! I have owned about 15 bikes in my life and there is something wonderful when you are getting ready to go close another deal. My son and I are leaving about 5 AM tomorrow to drive 353 miles to pick up my NEW (to me) 2012 Cross Roads. It is a year old and only has 559 miles. Got the check in my wallet, car gassed up with the helmet, jacket and other gear packed away.

I know it is just the kid coming out in me, but it is hard to get to sleep. Unless you buy a bike or two a year, this feeling is rare and special.

Most days 5 AM comes TOO quick----not tomorrow! cheers

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I am sitting here enjoying it right now! I have owned about 15 bikes in my life and there is something wonderful when you are getting ready to go close another deal. My son and I are leaving about 5 AM tomorrow to drive 353 miles to pick up my NEW (to me) 2012 Cross Roads. It is a year old and only has 559 miles. Got the check in my wallet, car gassed up with the helmet, jacket and other gear packed away.

I know it is just the kid coming out in me, but it is hard to get to sleep. Unless you buy a bike or two a year, this feeling is rare and special.

Most days 5 AM comes TOO quick----not tomorrow! cheers
Congrats! Thats awesome!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! Only 553 miles?, I had that the first week on my XR when I got it.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yeah. Too few peeps get it. Their loss. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
for some strange reason i thought a bike wasnt going to be
involved in this post!
getting back to what i read and as a happy cross roads owner.
get some pics up after you get a good night sleep.enjoy the ride back.
at least it will be broken in when you get home.congrats!--irv

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats, I know the feeling well as I just experienced it 10 days ago!

·
Registered
931 Posts
When I picked up my pin, i was overly happy. I could imagine what people were thinking. Pouring rain, some dude on a motorcycle with a big stupid grin from ear to ear, that was me lol.

Congrats

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
762 Posts
I remember every mile home from the dealership on my 2013 XCT. :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
I know what you mean, man! I was so stoked when I went to pick up my new-to-me ride, and when I got there, I could barely reach the footpegs due to a forward control kit. I was so stoked I said screw it and rode the thing for a week before I brought it back to teh dealer to have the controls removed and put back to stock...must have looked like an idiot riding stretched out the way I was, barely able to keep my toes on the pegs...but I still rode the hell out of it that first week!

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
I'm happy for you 4". It isn't often that much joy comes into one's life...relish it.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The day I got mine I was shaking all day.
i take medicine for that. but yes i remeber taking the vtx down
and both of us riding back home on the cr.grinning while we were
rolling and scared to death id drop it when i stopped. funny,
8000 miles later i still have both feelings.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
i take medicine for that. but yes i remeber taking the vtx down
and both of us riding back home on the cr.grinning while we were
rolling and scared to death id drop it when i stopped. funny,
8000 miles later i still have both feelings.
I had a lot of practice picking mine up early on. :)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I am looking forward to that feeling soon 4 inch. Today is the earliest the dealer expected my new Vision might arrive, but it could be as much as a week from now too. Whenever I get that call, I expect to be on edge just like you were. It is raining today but frankly I would not care. I have rain gear.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I stop for gas 3 miles after paying the guy, and guy walks out of his way to get closer and says "nice bike".

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I stop for gas 3 miles after paying the guy, and guy walks out of his way to get closer and says "nice bike".
I was at the bank the other day and as I was leaving, a rather large, colorful women asked me if she could have a ride.

I was going to tell her gas, ass, or grass, but I was afraid she might offer the ass...

Anyway, bike looks good. Be sure you put a shot in the Cross Roads pic bin. thumb up

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I stop for gas a second time in Richmond and after taking off I realize I did not strap my helmet, so I pull to the shoulder. While I am strapping it on a State Trooper pulls up next to me and asks if I am ok. Once he finds out I'm fine he too, compliments the bike as he drives off.

I thought I wanted the XC, but the more I ride, I like the open front. The only thing I give up is the tunes, and for that I have the iPod for the long trips.

I am sure this is the nicest bike I have owned. And I have owned a lot and have paid more money for some of them!

Attachments

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was at the bank the other day and as I was leaving, a rather large, colorful women asked me if she could have a ride.

I was going to tell her gas, ass, or grass, but I was afraid she might offer the ass...

Anyway, bike looks good. Be sure you put a shot in the Cross Roads pic bin. thumb up

Hum..not thought about that danger. Thanks for the heads up! :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts