Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising down the road the other day enjoying my ride home from work when I saw someone step out into the street behind the van I was following, walk out into the road, and stop in the middle of my lane at maybe 200 feet. As soon as I saw him step onto the pavement I was off the throttle, but when he stopped in my lane I realized something was wrong and got on the brakes. As I got closer I realized it was Mr. Officer Friendly Moto with a radar gun.

52MPH in a 30MPH zone. I had no idea I was going that fast.

22MPH speeding ticket = $276, more than 20MPH over = reckless driving = $500, and at the officers discretion arrest and having the bike towed.

Much to my surprise I got off with a warning citation. Warning =$0

The reasons he gave for the warning were that I haven’t had a ticket in over 10 years, I came to a controlled stop (in maybe 200 ft.), and he like my bike.

Since this incident I have been paying more attention to my speed. I was unknowingly hauling a$$ everywhere. The world now goes by in slow motion. This is going to take some getting used to.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I was cruising down the road the other day enjoying my ride home from work when I saw someone step out into the street behind the van I was following, walk out into the road, and stop in the middle of my lane at maybe 200 feet. As soon as I saw him step onto the pavement I was off the throttle, but when he stopped in my lane I realized something was wrong and got on the brakes. As I got closer I realized it was Mr. Officer Friendly Moto with a radar gun.

52MPH in a 30MPH zone. I had no idea I was going that fast.

22MPH speeding ticket = $276, more than 20MPH over = reckless driving = $500, and at the officers discretion arrest and having the bike towed.

Much to my surprise I got off with a warning citation. Warning =$0

The reasons he gave for the warning were that I haven’t had a ticket in over 10 years, I came to a controlled stop (in maybe 200 ft.), and he like my bike.

Since this incident I have been paying more attention to my speed. I was unknowingly hauling a$$ everywhere. The world now goes by in slow motion. This is going to take some getting used to.
I think the officer felt guilty for breaking your fork guard. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts