Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Greg Sarff and I'm President and Founder of The American Motorcycle Rally June 13th-23rd, 2012. I wanted to invite all the Victory riders who would like to participate in a 7200 mile ride around the US. The ride will start and end in Columbus, Ohio which is celebrating its 200th anniversary.
There is $500,000 in cash and prizes up for grabs! We are a non-profit corporation benifiting Nationwide Childrens Hospital in Columbus. This event is an endurance challange but it can be easly completed in the 10 window. Please go to americanmotorcyclerally.com for more information and if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask. Thanks and have a safe 2012 riding season! Greg

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bring it to AZ and I'm in. I know that won't happen, but just saying. Would love to be a part of this.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Bring it to AZ and I'm in. I know that won't happen, but just saying. Would love to be a part of this.
The GPS company they're using is from Scottsdale.

Pricey entry fee. $1000 plus another $250 for the GPS tracking device they make you purchase.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I'm starting the Poor Man's Ride, it's 100+ miles, wherever you want to go, the prize is where you stop to eat.

No entry fee, no GPS allowed, no t-shirt or pin...

I'm going on mine this weekend.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm starting the Poor Man's Ride, it's 100+ miles, wherever you want to go, the prize is where you stop to eat.

No pin?!?! Now that's a jip. I need some sort of souvenir for my lack of entry fee dammit. Were I in SO Cal, I'd be with ya Lance

Pricey entry fee. $1000 plus another $250 for the GPS tracking device they make you purchase.
1250 just to enter huh? :ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:
That's all I have to say about that.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm in!

+1 thumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up

·
Registered
329 Posts

+1 on that. Count me in! thumb upthumb up

That is what a ride is supposed to be about. There are very few good rally's left that haven't succum to being completely over-commercialized pieces of junk.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think you guys missed the point of this. This is a benefit ride, and the entry fee should be looked at as a donation. Maybe your accountants have advised you against this sort of thing for tax purposes, but I think it's a good thing at it's core.

Sorry if I'm off key here. Just my .02

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

If you'd quit ruining perfectly good floorboards, you might have a few bucks for an entry fee to the big parade. And the guy with the pins might be able to catch up and decorate you too.

You're less likely to get lost or damage your shoes on a straight road.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Ha!

I wish I had enough money to need an accountant.. I got the motorcycle but need to eat rice and beans to afford it.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Ha!

I wish I had enough money to need an accountant.. I got the motorcycle but need to eat rice and beans to afford it.
LoL.. Funny you should say that Lance as with all the talk about the XCT I was just calculating if I would start bringing my lunch every day and only eat eggs for breakfast (maybe some tators too) I would have 1/2 the payment each month for an XCT... hehehee I would have to get sponsors for the benifit ride but would do it if I had the vacation time... and owned an XCT... or a vision.... But mostly a XCT... even a 2010...cheers

·
Registered
436 Posts

I call BS on this ride - no pin, no shirt.....

:p JK -- sounds like my favorite way to spend a day cheers

·
Premium Member
88 Posts

:ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
...$1,250 just to enter huh? :ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:
There is apparently a $150,000 first place prize so $1K isn't anything. However, a similar run was done for Harley's only and I heard that the leader/winner never got a dime. What are the assurances that the awards will actually be handed out in this event?

·
Registered
790 Posts
There is apparently a $150,000 first place prize so $1K isn't anything. However, a similar run was done for Harley's only and I heard that the leader/winner never got a dime. What are the assurances that the awards will actually be handed out in this event?
How cynical!:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ndabunka

Your 100% right! There was an event the past 2 years called the Hoka Hey that Harley was involved with last year. It was a for profit ride, where we are non profit.
I sponsored a rider last year that finsihed in the money and when they went to Mesa AZ to get their winnings they were all disqualified for speeding. They were running GPS units and were told they would not be used aginst them for speeding....but in the end they were. Thats just one of the reason this ride was formed. This will be a very challenging ride! Just think if you finish in the top 30 the winnings at least cover your entree and some gas. Top 10 and you should be making money. Somebody is going to walk with 150K for a weeks worth of work....thats pretty good in my book, plus everyone who participates will have a chance to win a new motorcycle!

PLEASE STAY TUNED TO THE AMERICANMOTORCYCLERALLY.COM
THERE WILL BE AN ANNOUNCEMENT SOON INVOLVING VICTORY!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sure I have $1250.00 just sitting around !!:ltr:
You can bet if I did, I'd be putting a stage1 on instead of entering for a "chance" to win some cash. Think I'd have better luck getting struck by lightning. That's just me though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts