Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not for everyone going by the comments on the CH site but I like it for the out of the box thinking.

The Return Of British Brand Matchless Motorcycles. Model X Reloaded To Be Unveiled November 6, 2014.

Published by Cyril Huze September 11th, 2014 in Builders, Editorial and Events.
The British brand Matchless is back in business and released a couple of sketches of the new model to be unveiled at the EICMA Milan show, November 6 to 9. Matchless is one of the oldest brands of British motorcycles, manufactured near London between 1899 and 1966. A wide range of models were produced under the Matchless name, ranging from small two-strokes to 750 cc four-stroke twins. Matchless had a long history of racing success. A Matchless ridden by Charlie Collier won the first single-cylinder race in the first Isle of Man TT in 1907.
The Matchless Model X will feature an oil in frame, is equipped with dual foot controls (forward and rear sets) for two completely different riding positions, cruising and sport riding. Seat can be set at different heights, from 29.1 to 31.5” and bars tilt can be adjusted to fit the rider size and riding position. Front brake is a 12-piston single-disc system, rear a 6-piston unit.
Italian businessman Franco Malenotti and his son Michele have bought the rights to the Matchless name, and after reviving the Belstaff apparel, decided to start fabricating the new Matchless Model X Reloaded with a design directly inspired by the legendary “Model X” originally produced over 80 years ago. Malenotti is a renowned designer in the motorcycle industry, having previously collaborated with manufacturers such as Honda, Morini, Ducati, Bimota, KTM, Aprilia, drawing historical models such as the 1000 Laverda Jota, the 1000 Laverda RGS, Morini 500 turbo amongst many others. He is also the designer of accessories and clothing for Shoei, Oakley, JT Racing, Millet, Lewis Leather, Dainese and finally Belstaff where he was creative director from the early 90s until 2011.
Pictures, complete tech sheet and price to be released on November 6.

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
I'm weird I think it's cool looking.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm diggin' it for a stock bike. The combo of the raw metal and leather is nice and the visible suspension is just cool. Though I wish there was more of an arch to the tank. I'd also chop the pipes short with some turnouts; Chop the rear fender and lose the one on the front (those supports are ugly). Seat looks uncomfortable as hell, but i think it adds to the design.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I'm weird I think it's cool looking.
I agree- I think it looks great. Why couldn't the Gunner have been a proper bobber and something along these lines? Just my opinion.......

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Wish i could like it. everything looks like a mish mosh

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Its love it or hate it styling for sure.
Individual styling, very Steampunk.
I'd certainly have one in my stable.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Love the looks..... Love the versatile set-ups

Great to see older bike designs comming back.... Good job posting this

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I don't care for it but then again, I'm weird ... :ltr:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Eyesight

My wife would love it because she'll know I can't put a girlfriend on the back.

You know what they say about the eye of the beholder... I'm thinking the designer only had one eye and then bad eyesight on top of that.

Which one do you like?
1)

2)
HA HA HA HA HA and yes fucking bad eyesight.:ltr:

·
Registered
679 Posts
It brings back good memories for me, I rode a single cylinder early 60's 500 cc for a few years. It was a torque monster, but if you didn't time the kick on the manual starter right it would kick back and either break your leg or through you off the bike. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts