Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed how dusty it gets back there after a ride? It's almost like there's a vacuum at the rear of the bike or something

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
When you take off the back fender you will find a HUGE hole. Just get something and cover it. You should cover it from the wheel side like this.
Hey D....Any idea what's been done with the hole under the seat?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Didn't work for me

OK, I'm the newbie here and I have NO intention of ruffling any feathers, but . . . . . One thing that bugged me about my new Cross Roads was the constant dust on the rear fender and seat area, so when I saw this fix I thought "Cool" and I tried it. I made a nice "dust pan" out of 1/8 aluminum, drilled and bolted it through the unused holes in the sub frame. After a 20 mile ride I was bummed to see the same old crud spread all over my midnight cherry baby. The third pic is from when I got home. So I have to call "BS" on this fix and head back to the drawing board. I think I'm going to try and form a foam or rubber seal to fit in the triangular area between the fender and rear frame casting. I'll let ya know if it works. Oh yeah, your not missing a part, the thingy at the bottom of the sub frame is a trailer hitch prototype I'm working on. Be safe, Bryan

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
OK, I'm the newbie here and I have NO intention of ruffling any feathers, but . . . . . One thing that bugged me about my new Cross Roads was the constant dust on the rear fender and seat area, so when I saw this fix I thought "Cool" and I tried it. I made a nice "dust pan" out of 1/8 aluminum, drilled and bolted it through the unused holes in the sub frame. After a 20 mile ride I was bummed to see the same old crud spread all over my midnight cherry baby. The third pic is from when I got home. So I have to call "BS" on this fix and head back to the drawing board. I think I'm going to try and form a foam or rubber seal to fit in the triangular area between the fender and rear frame casting. I'll let ya know if it works. Oh yeah, your not missing a part, the thingy at the bottom of the sub frame is a trailer hitch prototype I'm working on. Be safe, Bryan
I was asking up above about that hole were the seat hook goes into..see it in the picture with the seat off. I believe you have to form some sort of dome and also attach it from the tire side. Maybe I'm wrong here.:confused:
Post up pick with what you end up with....I am very interested.thumb up

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Hobopro I'm sorry I didn't mention the hole that Noemtz is talking about. Others are also sealing off the area between the bags and the fender with rubber tubing.

·
Registered
111 Posts

Call Polaris and complain. I did. I told them it's a nuisance we can live without and if they figure out a fix, to include all model years.

The more calls, the better. 888-704-5290.

Please spread this around on any posts you see on other Vic forums regarding this.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am also looking for a cure, pain in the azz with my black XR wac

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's their evil plan to make sure we all wash our bikes to keep them beautiful!
You are bang on with that answer :ltr: However a cure would be nice :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts