Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I spend far too much time on the internet looking at current affairs. There is some strange stuff going on in the world and big business is getting bigger and the rich are getting richer. The promoted "world economy" is nothing more than having access to the cheapest resources either natural or human in an effort to make more profit. Borders are dropped and the world labour force gets depressed. If you have the time take flip through the TPP for the ground rules big business is promoting and the paid politicians are agreeing to. The class segregation portrayed in Blade Runner has begun and I do fear for my grandkids.:soapbox:

Every once in awhile though I run across something so far fetched and potentially damaging to us all that I think 'This can't be real'. Unfortunately it is and maybe the survivalists aren't all that crazy after all.

People in Sweden are hiding cash in their microwaves | POS Payment Processing, Debit & Credit Card Processing & ATMs

·
Registered
314 Posts
I couldn't agree more! It's just bat **** crazy what the Govt and central banks around the world are doing with currency. I like to watch these videos as well. Did some investing in gold and silver awhile back. I am not sure it was the right thing to do now, but only time will tell I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyV0OfU3-FU

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
A cashless society might not be all bad. It would shine a light on a lot of illegal activity even political buy off's. All your deposits would be taxed so everyone would pay taxes instead of finding ways to hide it.

If implemented and used propperly it could be a good thing for honest hardworking people we wouldn't need to be taxed so much. But I don't trust the government to do anything propperly.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
The future is scary ? I'm scared **** now !:crzy:

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
I live for today, the future will take care of itself.
I don't watch TV, the news, or read newspapers.
I don't tap into negative bullshit.
don't concern myself with politics.
I Ride!

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Happy to live in this corner of the world, everything is paid cash or bank transfer ... Nobody can tell you to have a cashless life ...

In Brazil it is pretty the same, it takes ages paying stuff in shops, government control on spendings ....

Here people pay cash for there homes or cars if they wish too ... You can do anything that makes you happy and no need to listening to nobody if you not feel like .... Credit cards are not common, but cash cards are normal, that is still money right ??

Do not listen to others, live your life CASH and how you want to, do not have Dept .... At least try just to buy / save money for a car and pay cash and be done with it ??

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I am a prolific news hound. I say little and think a lot.

I am not afraid of the future because I already know the ending. I subscribe to all that the bible says and how Revelations wraps it all up. And it will wrap up!

As for money... IT is not evil! The LOVE of money is. Money is what drives every thing. Money drives every thing.

I choose not to live in fear because I subscribe to peace and that is only obtained through my faith in Jesus.

If I live in fear, I have no faith.

What you all see happening will of course get worse. I grew up in the 60's and 70's when no one locked their doors. I am well aware of how it all changed and why.

My 23 year old daughter and my 18 year old son will grow a family in a world of self-seekers, crazies, unbelievers, anxious, drug-infused, afraid, insecure, depraved, sad, depressed, and angry society.

What all of these are missing is what I got. He is the Light to a lost world. He is the answer. He is the savior who came for all. But, they refused Him!

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
A cashless economy is rife for hacking. A cash economy is open to counterfeiting. Government is making corporations and the rich wealthier with their policies and contracts. Government policies are also re dicing the middle class and increasing the lower class and keeping them there. And the current administration has been the most complaisant in all that. Our kids and grandkids futures are depending on the November 2016 vote.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Hey guys, just cut the news addiction and your anxiety will go way down. The "News" industry has used using fear mongering to increase it's bottom line almost since broadcasting was first invented.
It wears people down and puts a lot of people on anxiety meds.
Of course if your a stock holder in TimeWarner, or Fox that is a good thing. People checking in to get their nightly instructions on how to avoid disaster means that your investment is bound to grow.

Try not watching or listening to a single news story for a week and see if you don't start to feel better. 2 weeks would even be better. Unlike quitting beer or coffee this addiction doesn't have physical addition symptoms but your body will love you for it just the same.

If your worried that the world might end and you'll miss it because the news anchor didn't give you his spin on it don't. If world ends you'll know about it. The whole planet will be invited to that party.
You'll get your invitation too, no worries.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly Joe!

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
A cashless economy is rife for hacking. A cash economy is open to counterfeiting. Government is making corporations and the rich wealthier with their policies and contracts. Government policies are also re dicing the middle class and increasing the lower class and keeping them there. And the current administration has been the most complaisant in all that. Our kids and grandkids futures are depending on the November 2016 vote.
So true Ric, and it's a global trend. Governments only thinking about the next election, not long term, and pleasing corporates so they get election sponsorship. Pathetic.

Capitalism and communism have failed miserably. If we continue as we are, we are doomed. And our very existence depends on econmimic growth, and that depends on? Population growth- which will only make our current situation worse- we need less not more.

The only way this is ever going to change that I can see is; intervention or invasion, both extra terrestrial.

That'll keep this thread ticking over a few more days :laugh

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
There are answers...

I have read life's instruction manual and the last chapter explains it clearly. Of course one must read and 'believe' the whole book to know and understand what the last chapter contains. Here's a link.
If you do it right there is nothing to fear as the "Good Guys" win in the end and all live "Happily Ever After".
:wink

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
The only way this is ever going to change that I can see is; intervention or invasion, both extra terrestrial.
I see a simpler and more effective way to remedy this; teach money management is schools from kindergarten on up, so that when one graduates HS, he will know all there is to know about money, investments, the different types of interests, what businesses have to deal with, the various taxes, gross and net profit, the markets, etc.. Equipped with that knowledge, they will be smarter consumers, have better ideas as to what goes on in a business, understand the fallacy that governments can do anything well and efficiently, will tend to invest more and earlier for retirement, vote more intelligently, etc..

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
When I was in my 30's, I would arrogantly proclaim how I looked forward to aging and growing older and wiser. I was wrong!

I actually look forward to death. No! I don't have a death wish and would never take my own life but I do embrace death. It, like aging, is an experience. It is something that will happen and I do not possess the power to prevent it. So, I welcome it without fear.

I see many people that live in fear. I see coworkers(mostly female) that experience anxiety almost to the point that they cannot function. I've seen panic attacks and I can't relate to them. I know they are real and understand that these folks cannot help it.

My heart truly bleeds for people that cannot seem to take control of their minds. Their thoughts, their backgrounds, and life experiences seem to rule every day that they live. They can't seem to work past it.

The future is indeed scary because it is the unknown. We want to control every thing and tomorrow scares the bejesus out of us because IT could be the end of the stock market. IT could be the great earthquake. IT could be a great meteor strike... and so on and so forth. Our minds go nuts and we become slaves to IT.

We can't sleep so we drink or take meds. We don't have the answers so we become basket cases.

I was watching a bio of Robin Williams. He did it his way. Killed himself but it was the cowards way. A comic genius who refused to accept that he was created that way. The physical and mental challenges that he faced in his older years were meant to be a journey. He decided to play God! He failed to understand that after this life, control of your soul direction no longer exists.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
When I was in my 30's, I would arrogantly proclaim how I looked forward to aging and growing older and wiser. I was wrong!

I actually look forward to death. No! I don't have a death wish and would never take my own life but I do embrace death. It, like aging, is an experience. It is something that will happen and I do not possess the power to prevent it. So, I welcome it without fear.

I see many people that live in fear. I see coworkers(mostly female) that experience anxiety almost to the point that they cannot function. I've seen panic attacks and I can't relate to them. I know they are real and understand that these folks cannot help it.

My heart truly bleeds for people that cannot seem to take control of their minds. Their thoughts, their backgrounds, and life experiences seem to rule every day that they live. They can't seem to work past it.

The future is indeed scary because it is the unknown. We want to control every thing and tomorrow scares the bejesus out of us because IT could be the end of the stock market. IT could be the great earthquake. IT could be a great meteor strike... and so on and so forth. Our minds go nuts and we become slaves to IT.

We can't sleep so we drink or take meds. We don't have the answers so we become basket cases.

I was watching a bio of Robin Williams. He did it his way. Killed himself but it was the cowards way. A comic genius who refused to accept that he was created that way. The physical and mental challenges that he faced in his older years were meant to be a journey. He decided to play God! He failed to understand that after this life, control of your soul direction no longer exists.

Speak for yourself Dill, I have no such fears and concerns.
Just went for a fantastic ride, right on dusk, tons of bugs, not many cars on the road, a new back tyre, a full tank of gas, my lady on behind....Freedom:smile

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Speak for yourself Dill, I have no such fears and concerns.
Just went for a fantastic ride, right on dusk, tons of bugs, not many cars on the road, a new back tyre, a full tank of gas, my lady on behind....Freedom:smile
Live life while you have it. It turns out it is way to short.

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
I only have two. I fear fire devouring my home and everything that we own and not being able to protect my 23 year old still naive daughter.
That's why you have homeowners insurance and a camera. The insurance pays to restore what you showed them in the photos of your home and its contents.
As far as your daughter goes - if she's still naive at 23, that's your fault, unless she has mental problems.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts