Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've complained in the past about the very handy PLASTIC storage tray that is available for the Victory saddlebag on the RIGHT SIDE. My complaint was...why in the world would they put the tray on the RIGHT SIDE and not the left side which is more convenient. So I decided to make a prototype for a LEFT SIDE tray. Well, I fabricated it out of cardboard and duct tape. It turned out pretty well, fit pretty well, but I stopped there and never made another attempt at making one out of another material. I'm still using that prototype and it is very handy...although you do give up some space and freedom of how things fit in the saddlebag.

So now...I'm getting ready to go on a 2000 mile trip and when I put my trunk liner bag in the trunk...I noticed there was a LOT of wasted space even with the trunk liner in place. So I fabricated a partition out of cardboard and duct tape that goes across the back of the trunk that gives me an additional 1-2" wide area for putting small supplies and items.

I won't take it any further except to cover it in some automotive carpet, but they would make a neat REAL ACCESSORY for the trunk. Things like maps, pens, pencils, tire gauges, and many other items that can be stowed away.

Here's a picture of it...I'm more about form than I am about beauty...but you never know...someone might see this and can take it a step further.

Attachments

·
12,984 Posts
photo is so big and close can't tell what it is

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
photo is so big and close can't tell what it is
Really, the white thing behind his bag in the trunk.. on the left.

I'd like to see a pic of your duct tape tray.

What was it Red green use to say, If the women don't find you handsome at least they'll find you handy.. That guy did everything with duct tape.

Might be a Canadian only reference.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Really, the white thing behind his bag in the trunk.. on the left.

I'd like to see a pic of your duct tape tray.

What was it Red green use to say, If the women don't find you handsome at least they'll find you handy.. That guy did everything with duct tape.

Might be a Canadian only reference.
Red Green is among the greatest Canadians in history and one of the greatest philosiphizers that ever lived. Unfortunately the world is filled with too many versions of his nephew.

Good use of was wasted space and a real mod too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts