Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Sunday, May 26th, will be the last Rolling Thunder Run To The Wall in our nations capital. The Rolling Thunder Organization has said that the costs (including charges from D.C. for police and clean-up) to stage the event as well as ongoing difficulties and lack of support from the security forces at The Pentagon (the staging area for the run) have made the event too costly and too difficult to stage.

I have had the opportunity ride in the event a number of times, with a group of veterans and active duty riders. While I have not done the run for several years, I will be heading to the D.C. area this weekend to participate with the afore mentioned group.

I hope I get to throw this incredible veteran, Retired Marine Staff Sargeant Time Chambers, one more salute as I ride by.

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Wow, a 31 year "run" coming to an end because of finances and logistics. Too bad and understandable at the same time. It was so massively popular it was too big for its own good without some support from governing bodies. It should be recognized as a national holiday and get some govt assistance in its execution like manpower from the National Guard or something...it sucks to just let it disappear.

·
Registered
600 Posts
This Sunday, May 26th, will be the last Rolling Thunder Run To The Wall in our nations capital. The Rolling Thunder Organization has said that the costs (including charges from D.C. for police and clean-up) to stage the event as well as ongoing difficulties and lack of support from the security forces at The Pentagon (the staging area for the run) have made the event too costly and too difficult to stage.

I have had the opportunity ride in the event a number of times, with a group of veterans and active duty riders. While I have not done the run for several years, I will be heading to the D.C. area this weekend to participate with the afore mentioned group.

I hope I get to throw this incredible veteran, Retired Marine Staff Sargeant Time Chambers, one more salute as I ride by.
Never had the privilege to ride in this, but I know some service members who do so annually....what a shame to see this go by the way side 8(...

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
That sux! Sad to see it go!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Another group will take it up I'm sure. Just wait for that next year. Got friends riding to it this year that have never been. Combined with a tour of the city.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts