Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We want low gas prices and it's a shame to read about all the bankrupt businesses coming due to the bottom dropping out on price per barrel for oil.

Of course, all of this mess could be corrected with one key nuke placement over there, major war breaks out, oil prices hit the sky, and a few chosen Americans immediately become billionaires... again.

You know, the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. Is all of this crap evil, you betcha!!!

Oil Plunge Sparks Bankruptcy Concerns

"The oil glut is expected to continue well into 2017, according to several banks, analysts and industry executives."

"Energy companies that took on huge debt loads to finance their slice of the U.S. drilling boom have no choice but to keep pumping to generate cash for interest payments."

"Some of the strongest operators with superior assets have locked in oil prices well above $50 a barrel this year through hedges, which serve as a kind of insurance policy against low prices."

Cramer Remix: The worst stock in the world

Jim Cramer said...

Oil must stop going down. Bankruptcies and reorganizations must occur this year because a lot of companies are in distress. Players such as Petrobras, Chesapeake and Freeport-McMoRan are running out of capital and may have a hard time paying debt.

"It all comes due in 2016 if oil doesn't stop going down, and I don't think it will without a huge geopolitical crisis occurring in the Middle East,"

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ha! This is just stupid(below)... let's say I make $25k a year, have 2 car notes and I'm about to buy a house priced at $100k. Same principle as U.S. oil producers. That's whats wrong with the world right there.

Oil Plunge Sparks Bankruptcy Concerns

Since financial distress hasn’t been a good mechanism for slowing down U.S. oil production, many analysts fear that any pullback may come too late. U.S. government estimates pegged output at 9.2 million barrels a day at the start of 2016—1% higher than the start of last year when oil was trading for 40% more.

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Remember when gas went way high and UPS, Fed Ex and so on all raised the cost of shipping to pay for the high gas well I haven't seen the shipping prices lowering.....someone is making a $$ off of low gas prices.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm taking heed... fortunately WE paid off some tremendous outstanding debt last year. Yes! I'm thanking God because I did not see this great fiasco cooking and we somehow were able to get it done. The plastic debt was killing us! Our 2016 outlook is to owe no one... except mortgage.

Markets are heading for a 'cataclysmic year' in 2016, warns RBS - Jan. 12, 2016

"Sell everything."
That harrowing advice is from The Royal Bank of Scotland, which has warned of a "cataclysmic year" ahead for markets and advised clients to head for the exit. Do not wait. Do not pass go.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Remember when gas went way high and UPS, Fed Ex and so on all raised the cost of shipping to pay for the high gas well I haven't seen the shipping prices lowering.....someone is making a $$ off of low gas prices.
Now their health insurance probably went up

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the world were fair, every time there is some type of reduction in costs that affects our staples and necessities, we all should get a credit. But, the world ain't fair, is it?

Say it cost the long haulers, ships, planes, delivery trucks, etc., 1% less than the 2 weeks before, and I spent $400 since then. Just crediting me $20 would be the right thing to do. Instead, prices do not reflect any changes and if anything, they are trending up at least a certain percentage each year along with taxes, insurance, travel prices and expenses. We are constantly getting ripped off unless of course you are particularly well off.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Dill, the end to falling oil prices is too simple...pick up the phone and call the Saudi oil minister and tell him to stop flooding the market with their oil or you'll go over there and punch him in the snoot. They upped their flow in fear of losing the US market to our domestic output and it is working. Unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Oil prices are plummeting to levels they haven’t seen since 2003. Add in the fact that BP Oil announced it plans to cut more than 4,000 jobs over the next two years and things are looking down for the oil industry."

Those Saudi B******S will one day get theirs...

when we all are getting around on our gravity defying machines that lift off the ground after painting a special goo composed of cow dung
and salt water and then pushed around with electric pulsars or monkeys fed on skittles.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The oil companies didn't give a rats ass. When people were loosing there houses cause fuel, food, heating oil propane. We're thought the roof. So now they want us to feel bad for them. That gas prices are back to what they should be. I don't feel bad at all I LOVE CHEAP GAS.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
The oil companies didn't give a rats ass. When people were loosing there houses cause fuel, food, heating oil propane. We're thought the roof. So now they want us to feel bad for them. That gas prices are back to what they should be. I don't feel bad at all I LOVE CHEAP GAS.
I would like this 10 times over , but it wont let me .....

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Money might the root of some evil;
But The lack of money is the root of most evil....
The lack of money is the evil you see on TV ..

BIG money is the real evil and responsible for lack of money for the common man anyway .... That you won't see on TV

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
C'mon guys--its not the oil companies that are establishing the prices. If you want to have someone to blame, its the traders doing to ya. And most of these trader are not on Wall Street, they are all over the world, many in their underwear, sitting at their computers buying and selling oil 100 barrels at a time.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
The lack of money is the evil you see on TV ..

BIG money is the real evil and responsible for lack of money for the common man anyway .... That you won't see on TV
If it wasn't for big money, you wouldn't be working where you are. If it wasn't for big money, tens of millions wouldn't have jobs. Think of the tens of thousands who work for Google, Facebook, Nike, Ford, GM, Boeing, etc., etc..

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
If it wasn't for big money, you wouldn't be working where you are. If it wasn't for big money, tens of millions wouldn't have jobs. Think of the tens of thousands who work for Google, Facebook, Nike, Ford, GM, Boeing, etc., etc..
Correct RICZ, but why do they get away with crime's .... Just because we can't see them ....

The world needs the big money, just not there manipulated crimes ...

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Correct RICZ, but why do they get away with crime's .... Just because we can't see them ....

The world needs the big money, just not there manipulated crimes ...
Could it be that big money begets influence and powerful lawyers?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Americans are terribly spoiled. Hey! Don't matter if wealthy or not, the mere fact that they live in this nation puts them in this category.

Americans do a very good job of whining about what they want... not what they need. They blame their debt on everyone/everything else.

Education in the nation is big plus but the lack of it(must be HS grad though) still does not prevent you from living a dream... making something of yourself... finding/learning a very good hands on skill. I am by all means a very good example of this.

Our government has(for decades) without doubt catered to poor and underprivileged making them even more dependent on hand-outs.

I could go on and on...

I hope your new, wealthy, famous president to be will be all that you hoped for and will indeed make some very positive changes.

Going from a obama to a trump is impossible to sum up in words.

I truly hope and pray that it is like stepping into a very dark room and switching on the brightest light.

Here is what I'd like some of you pro-trump readers to do.

Please find me info where trump has personally helped, lifted up, and supported someone without making a big deal of it.

I need this to help get my mind right about the man.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
We could do without Facebook

1 - 20 of 46 Posts