Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think I'll ever get this bike right.......

Well bikes actually runs now (currently on it about 400 miles from home in Panama City Florida at the Wicked Wheel).

So I hookup the auto tune. First time I checked it cylinder one trims were -20 in most cells and cylinder two was +20 in most cells. So I checked my plugs to see what they looked like. Slightly ashy on the tip but not pitted or damaged from knock.

All I can think of is a possible vacuum leak. Bike runs OK with a donated map from Rylan. What's funny is with the busted PCV the auto tune actually gave believable adjustments like +/- 1-8 or so.

Fix one problem create another with this bike. The 100 cubic inch victories seem to be the last model they built worth a damn

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already bought a.can but haven't checked.yet. changed to a generic map way richer than Rylan's and seems to work better. Rylan's map had a lot of negative cells which I thought was weird but I tried it anyways. This map is all positive cells.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
maybe try spraying a little brake cleaner around the TB to checks for air leaks?
Why Brake Cleaner on the vacuum hoses?? Please explain out of interest?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I agree Rlanda but brake cleaner can quickly ruin paint. I would try something a bit less destructive myself.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
It would be worth the trip to take the bike to KevinX in Florida (3-1/3 hours), or take it to Kyle at the SE Vic Rally in Helen, GA (6-1/2 hours).

Let's face it... what you're doing isn't working. Get it checked out. Get it tuned. Go ride and enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
as would I. If I recall we would use an oxycetaline torch with no flame back in high school.
make sure ya aint got a spark leak anywhere or youll go up like a bomb!

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
It would be worth the trip to take the bike to KevinX in Florida (3-1/3 hours), or take it to Kyle at the SE Vic Rally in Helen, GA (6-1/2 hours).

Let's face it... what you're doing isn't working. Get it checked out. Get it tuned. Go ride and enjoy it.
Is Kevinx new shop up and running already?
You guys on the East Coast have it good.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I already bought a.can but haven't checked.yet. changed to a generic map way richer than Rylan's and seems to work better. Rylan's map had a lot of negative cells which I thought was weird but I tried it anyways. This map is all positive cells.
A well tuned bike / map WILL have a lot of negative cells ...

·
Registered
246 Posts
A well tuned bike / map WILL have a lot of negative cells ...
Couldn't agree more...have had my AT disconnected since my Dyno tune...its a paper weight right now. Will most likely sell it.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
If you have an air leak and spray a flammable aerosol instead of sucking air it sucks fuel and runs smoother/different.
Ha nice to know, yes i Google it just now and vacuum problems are a bitch....

hope you can find the problem "mrtappan"

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Couldn't agree more...have had my AT disconnected since my Dyno tune...its a paper weight right now. Will most likely sell it.
What is an AT ????? :D

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Checking for leaks with brake cleaner yielded I small clue. If spray the area by the main line to the air idle control valve it loses about 50-100 rpm. So something might be up with the piping there. I'll have to let it cool once I get back to Pensacola and check it out.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
cool if your missing 1 leg?? cool point, why most cars are automatic after the year 2000 but bikes are not??

PS I hate automatics, love the manual cars

Just imagine if they make a Automatic transmission for Victory as on all the sites they try to help and give discount to veterans?? :cool::ltr::ltr:

·
13,188 Posts
WD-40 works just fine carb cleaner even wifes hair spray.
If idle picks up or runs rough bike dies you have air leak.

The map you got from Rylan is a basic map that will allow you to run but if you want the bike to run top notch go get it dynoed

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since there are only four vacuum lines and the throttle body seats it's easy to check. I think the minor idle change was just the bike being the bike with its off the shelf map in it. Pulled all the air idle lines off and checked for cracks etc and nothing. Spraying around the throttle body inlet and outlets had no change in idle. I doubt it's a vacuum leak. Probably another strange electronic fluke. Haven't checked the tables today. Waiting on it to get darker. And soothing my emotional scars from my Victory ownership experience with cold cold beer.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts