Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First, he/she must have the qualifications… of course some of the experience past presidents have had are questionable. For example, it is obvious Bill Clinton had womanizing experience. He apparently also had experience in getting away with scandals. Former Pres. George Bush apparently had experience in getting his way as in invading Iraq. Richard Millhouse Nixon had experience in lying but as it goes with every liar that has ever lived, you eventually get caught.

Harry S Truman got on the job training when the first nuke was dropped. Can you imagine how he must have felt facing such an enormous decision?

How will we remember Obama? Did he have the experience or the right stuff to be commander and chief for two terms? You know, I do not care if he is black, democrat, or a royal liberal. I cannot for the life of me think of one good or decent thing that he has done and I consider myself a fairly intelligent and observant man.

I consider the president’s position the most important one in America. I also wonder how each of these men have affected our country in good and bad ways. I also wonder how different it could have been if Kennedy had not been assassinated or men like MLK had lived a long life. What if McCain had been chosen to sit in that office?

Every man that has sat in the oval office has affected this country in some way regardless of the length of time they were there. We, just regular folk, cannot truly know the day to day stresses of that job. Wouldn’t want it! But, each president has a responsibility to America as a whole and if you let down one group, you let them all down. We have been let down and will see the repercussions of the wrong choice.

All of this said, I believe I have a prediction. :eek wac

Trump will win the election(seems obvious) and Palin will win VP position. This election will no doubt be historical, pivotal, and will most likely usher in the first woman president simply because it is time just like it was time for a black president.
Time will tell if Trump the billionaire will be made into a US president that affected a nation unlike any other.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
President Harry S. Truman, warned by some of his advisers that any attempt to invade Japan would result in horrific American casualties, ordered that the new weapon be used to bring the war to a speedy end. On August 6, 1945, the American bomber Enola Gay dropped a five-ton bomb over the Japanese city of Hiroshima.
You know, nuke was dropped to save American lives. It worked!

But, as time went by, politics figured more into US involvement in war. Vietnam is the greatest example. Those men who endured that war were treated terribly and it did not have to be that way.

One courageous man with a damn backbone could have prevented the bloodshed.

Regardless of how I feel about Trump, I believe he has a backbone.
I just hope he will make the right decisions if we continue to be involved in world conflict.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Dill, if I won a lottery, one of my fondest wishes is to have a meeting of the minds with those I know who I consider deep thinkers and you are one. I would send all I invite airline tickets to a special place where we would spend our days at round table discussions.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate it RIC!

I have very deep feelings about the US and the men and woman that have contributed to all that it was before and what has become now. I have no grand illusion that it will once again be a super power or the greatest nation on the earth. IT is like a child that has been given TOO much and has no clue how to fend for itself. Every single person right now in a position of power and leadership are nowhere near the caliber of men and women that have come before them.

Where are the Norman Schwarzkopf's, the IKE'S, the Regan's, the Sam Walton's, the sergeant york's?

I know! They don't make them like that anymore. No one has to work hard. No one had a rough upbringing that caused them to pull themselves out of the trenches. Our nations of full of people with their hands out. It is full of people who suffer from an entitlement syndrome and the make me sick to my stomach.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
The Making of a US President
Some may not know this, but several presidents were put into office thanks to the "Skulls", a secret society that places people in high positions throughout the world such as banking, the presidency, etc..

Among prominent alumni are former President and Supreme Court Justice William Howard Taft (a founder's son); former Presidents George H. W. Bush and his son, George W. Bush; Supreme Court Justices Morrison R. Waite and Potter Stewart;[19] James Jesus Angleton, "mother of the Central Intelligence Agency"; Henry Stimson, U.S. Secretary of War (1940-1945); U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert A. Lovett, who directed the Korean War, William B. Washburn, Governor of Massachusetts; and Henry Luce, founder and publisher of Time, Life, Fortune, and Sports Illustrated magazines.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some may not know this, but several presidents were put into office thanks to the "Skulls", a secret society that places people in high positions throughout the world such as banking, the presidency, etc..

Among prominent alumni are former President and Supreme Court Justice William Howard Taft (a founder's son); former Presidents George H. W. Bush and his son, George W. Bush; Supreme Court Justices Morrison R. Waite and Potter Stewart;[19] James Jesus Angleton, "mother of the Central Intelligence Agency"; Henry Stimson, U.S. Secretary of War (1940-1945); U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert A. Lovett, who directed the Korean War, William B. Washburn, Governor of Massachusetts; and Henry Luce, founder and publisher of Time, Life, Fortune, and Sports Illustrated magazines.
Well! You'd have to prove this and I'm sure you'd have to kill me too. :wink

·
Registered
536 Posts
i dunno, but me personally, i am getting tired of people who have never been in the military running the country and being the commander in chief of all our armed forces..
i also think it shouldn't be he/she with the deepest pockets are the ones to run for office...
i honestly don't agree with any of the potential choices we have coming up but i can tell you who i absolutely do not want in there...
just my $0.02, and you know what they say about opinions... :devil

·
Registered
632 Posts
i dunno, but me personally, i am getting tired of people who have never been in the military running the country and being the commander in chief of all our armed forces..
i also think it shouldn't be he/she with the deepest pockets are the ones to run for office...
i honestly don't agree with any of the potential choices we have coming up but i can tell you who i absolutely do not want in there...
just my $0.02, and you know what they say about opinions... :devil
Carter served in the military... So that doesn't say much...

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
An old timer's 2 cents worth...
I see the difference between the country I was born into in the mid '30s and today as this; We had citizens and leaders who experienced the deprivations of the Great Depression and then the horrors of WWII. Until the '60s we had discipline and learning the 3 Rs in our schools and every morning, we said the Pledge and sang the Anthem. We had no idea what "social studies" were, we had history and civics instead. That made us responsible voters.
The '60s changed all that for the worse, I think. I saw that in my kid's educations and then my grandkids, especially when I went to their schools and sat in the back of their classrooms. Not much real education going on. Parents became more and more permissive and we are now seeing the effect of that in our citizens, our voter and our governments, be they local to national. Politicians vote on bills relative to their re-election value, so now we get almost nothing but feel good legislation.
I can go on (like oldtimers do) but you get the idea--I hope.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Rofl

I think the requirements for the first woman pres...

she must have been mother to at least 5 boys and one girl
all with 6 different dads
then, at some point before running for office decides she wants to be a man

:eek
Holy toledo I gotta laugh ....or I'm gonna cry......:grin

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't know if there is anyone left with the stuff to make us a great nation again. We are on a downward spiral, and damage has been done that we will never recover from.....The National debt, for one..... and now we are a nation of offended pansies.

My son serves with the USA Navy, and feels the decay.

I agree with the OPs opening statement....Our president does effect our nation alot. Right now I think I would vote for Ross Perot! (Is he still alive?)

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
I don't know if there is anyone left with the stuff to make us a great nation again. We are on a downward spiral, and damage has been done that we will never recover from.....The National debt, for one..... and now we are a nation of offended pansies.

My son serves with the USA Navy, and feels the decay.

I agree with the OPs opening statement....Our president does effect our nation alot. Right now I think I would vote for Ross Perot! (Is he still alive?)
If all the folks that wanted to vote for Perot, but didn't want to waste their vote, had, the world would be a much better place today. Vote for the truth and your vote is never wasted.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
You know, nuke was dropped to save American lives. It worked!

But, as time went by, politics figured more into US involvement in war. Vietnam is the greatest example. Those men who endured that war were treated terribly and it did not have to be that way.

One courageous man with a damn backbone could have prevented the bloodshed.

Regardless of how I feel about Trump, I believe he has a backbone.
I just hope he will make the right decisions if we continue to be involved in world conflict.
Dill,
Nightstand reading,

Was Hiroshima Necessary?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dill,

Nightstand reading,

Was Hiroshima Necessary?

Good read but for that time, it was!

A president doesn't really know what he's getting in to and the greatest reason NOT to be pres is the media. They are ruthless because their job is the 'story' even if all the facts are not provided.

Dropping a nuke or two today would yield very different results as we all know. Say North Korea secretly launched a nuke. I hate to even think of the effect it would pose to the world as a whole.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
If all the folks that wanted to vote for Perot, but didn't want to waste their vote, had, the world would be a much better place today. Vote for the truth and your vote is never wasted.
I hear you.....

It seems I am always picking the lesser of two evils. Anyone who is not a Republican or a Democrat is "diluting the vote". I wish we could officially abolish the parties altogether and vote on the merits of an individual who is not beholding to his or her "party"

I think voting "the truth" only works in the existential realm, not the good ol' USA

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hear you.....

It seems I am always picking the lesser of two evils. Anyone who is not a Republican or a Democrat is "diluting the vote". I wish we could officially abolish the parties altogether and vote on the merits of an individual who is not beholding to his or her "party"

I think voting "the truth" only works in the existential realm, not the good ol' USA
Yep! 2 party system is passe... IT don't work like it should. We could definitely go on and on about it.

Trump did his share of threatening to jump ship. Maybe he should have... since he is enjoying great popularity but he chose not too.

I'm sure it would have hurt him in the long run.

WE still have the idea that 'that is the way we've always done it' and a non-party affiliate winning the WH would have been monumental and would definitely send the 2 opposing groups running home to momma.

The days of Ross Perot are gone. You got to have a new bag man... a shtick.

I am hoping and praying that Trump is not a flim flam man. Got enough snake water from bummer to last a life time.

I will say this... Hillary needs to be taken down a few notches and investigated big time once this pres run is over with.

One more thing!!! I keep waiting for something really BIG to come out about Trump... I.E., he likes little boys/girls, dresses in his wife's clothes, is really a woman, he absolutely loves queers and steers, and last but not least, is really broke and deeply in debt.

OMG! What if he is really a closet Christian and has kept it low key, wins the white house then espouses Christian values supporting numerous conservative ideas and programs and once and for all kills abortion rights in America. Of course the world will end!

There would be an assassination attempt on his life and investigators would catch Hillary with a high power rifle with a laser scope.

I'll shut up now... getting carried away... LOL! I think it's the coffee. :devil

·
Registered
536 Posts
There would be an assassination attempt on his life and investigators would catch Hillary with a high power rifle with a laser scope. :devil
lol, she would hire someone else to do this task as it would just add more fire to her anti-gun drivel.... she's as crooked as a dog's hind leg..

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
The new trendy phrase in America is " Perceived Truth " , what the **** this means I have no idea .... I believe it was invented by a liberal think tank .

1 - 20 of 142 Posts