Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I am an older rider but new to the group. I recently found the 007Ness Jackpot. It's in great condition and I was lucky to find it.
I traditionally ride a 2013 Goldwing so the Jackpot brings me back to my v twin days in a big way! It is loaded with a custom led install which makes it a great show bike. Here's the thing, these days I'm a cruise control guy and I don't see a way to adapt any of the aftermarket kits to the Jackpot. Does anyone have a Ness Jackpot and use some type of throttle assist or lock mechanism? If so, what works and what does not? Thanks in advance for any comments.

·
Premium Member
6,336 Posts
Hey everyone,
I am an older rider but new to the group. I recently found the 007Ness Jackpot. It's in great condition and I was lucky to find it.
I traditionally ride a 2013 Goldwing so the Jackpot brings me back to my v twin days in a big way! It is loaded with a custom led install which makes it a great show bike. Here's the thing, these days I'm a cruise control guy and I don't see a way to adapt any of the aftermarket kits to the Jackpot. Does anyone have a Ness Jackpot and use some type of throttle assist or lock mechanism? If so, what works and what does not? Thanks in advance for any comments.
Welcome, yes you can buy trotle grips that lock, member @BBob had them on his bike, maybe he remembers the website

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,336 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Welcome! Must be from the flat lands. Have cruise on my XR but too many curvy roads for it to be of any use for me. I turn it on a few times a year to make sure it still works.

Reactions: BP6666VR

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi everyone,
Thanks for all of the great suggestions. I prefer to keep the original ness grips on as they match every thing else on the bike.. I really would like to find a product like the "Breakaway throttle lock " or a HD style thumb screw type of throttle lock which mounts on the bottom of the switch box between the two throttle cables. The biggest problem im running into is that the throttle grip seems to be in a fixed position on the bars so I can't move it over at all and the ness bars are stepped in size, so I can't move the break master over to gain any clearance to mount the Breakaway. Has anyone used a thumb screw type of throttle lock on their bike? If so, how has it worked out?

·
Premium Member
13,885 Posts
Hi everyone,
Thanks for all of the great suggestions. I prefer to keep the original ness grips on as they match every thing else on the bike.. I really would like to find a product like the "Breakaway throttle lock " or a HD style thumb screw type of throttle lock which mounts on the bottom of the switch box between the two throttle cables. The biggest problem im running into is that the throttle grip seems to be in a fixed position on the bars so I can't move it over at all and the ness bars are stepped in size, so I can't move the break master over to gain any clearance to mount the Breakaway. Has anyone used a thumb screw type of throttle lock on their bike? If so, how has it worked out?
Years ago KevinX designed a thumb screw throttle lock. I have one on my 04. Good luck finding one though. Breakaway has one but at $179 it's cost prohibitive in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Hey everyone,

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hey everyone,
I have this on my Vegas.
Sound Off Recreational Vista Cruise Throttle Clamp
I got mine from JP Cycles. I also have a Arlen Ness 04 Bike and it works great.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hey everyone,
I have this on my Vegas.
Sound Off Recreational Vista Cruise Throttle Clamp
I got mine from JP Cycles. I also have a Arlen Ness 04 Bike and it works great.

·
Premium Member
13,885 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts