Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed on my 2013 Judge. This is the same thing as their EJK 3.0 model 9120420. The version 3.0 Dobeck controllers do NOT subtract fuel, but model 8120133 which is version 3.5 DOES add and subtract if your installation needs it. Per Matt at Dobeck Vic's do not need to subtract fuel with bikes with bolt on mods (no interior motor work). The install was pretty easy EXCEPT the front fuel injector plug on the Judge has about and inch upwards (airbox is super close) and not much more width to get the old connector off and the new connector on. That took me 45M then the rest was a breeze. Its raining today so I cant ride her but will amend tomorrow with test ride results. For $150 this is a steal! see link http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product/900075616

Amazon has them too-
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003177JMG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

here is a link comparing the Dobeck goods and the Dynojet (Power commander) http://www.electronicjetkit.com/EFI-controllers.asp

here is Matt's direct email if you need him for anything - [email protected]

for those of us on a budget, wanting to ensure we arent running too lean and running the most common mods (hi flow filter, new exhaust / muffler replacement or gutted stock muffs) this is the deal.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
if your not taking away fuel in the upper ranges, i certainly wouldnt add any, they are plenty rich up top.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wowza!

Just back from a 100 mile ride and wow! It is an extreme difference over stock. A ton more acceleration and midrange than stock. The exhaust seems to be a bit deeper too as strange as that sounds. I do love the acceleration squeelies from a stop at hard throttle and how I am "drifting" around the round-a-bouts here as I gain more courage to give more throttle. I am already scraping the pegs after raising the rear a bit. I dont know how I am going to get BETTER mileage but she sure is more fun. This stock 140mm rear has to go!

I will run her more tomorrow and keep an eye to see her behavior.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Dobeck actually told you that there is no need to subtract fuel? While all bikes are different i find that to be untrue.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dobeck actually told you that there is no need to subtract fuel? While all bikes are different i find that to be untrue.
Your welcome to contact Matt yourself. He said Their is no need to subtract fuel on bikes with only bolt on /stage one mods. He is their lead tech. Btw he is also who worked with Lloyd personally on his own products they make for them. All the detail is above.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Not saying you are a liar...i did have to have fuel pulled from stock in upper ranges...no cams.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have heard multiple opinions on both but don't have anywhere near the experience matt has on multiple bikes or you on yours so I can't argue either point but I did talk to Matt and he is confident. Both bikes I have tuned with his recommendations have worked great but I haven't had enough time on the JUDGE to adjust yet. You should give matt a call to get his reasoning or experience on why and write what you find out here.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I would have for the new bike but i have some doubts about them...the tuner i plan to use says his works great but a couple he has intalled have been pains and he has since not been as quick to recommend them. I think the thinking is solid and hope it gets all worked out but i will go with what i know and have been used to. Good luck.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I had a look at the website, and can anyone tell me the difference in part numbers? And are they exclusive, as in if I bought the 9120280 and decided to disconnect the O2s could I?

Part Number Vehicle
9120420 Polaris Victory - All Models (disconnect O2s) 2008-2014 VIEW INFO
8120133 Polaris Victory - All Models (disconnect O2s) 2008-2014 VIEW INFO
9120280 Polaris Victory - All Models 2008-2014 VIEW INFO

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a look at the website, and can anyone tell me the difference in part numbers? And are they exclusive, as in if I bought the 9120280 and decided to disconnect the O2s could I?

Part Number Vehicle
9120420 Polaris Victory - All Models (disconnect O2s) 2008-2014 VIEW INFO
8120133 Polaris Victory - All Models (disconnect O2s) 2008-2014 VIEW INFO
9120280 Polaris Victory - All Models 2008-2014 VIEW INFO
Both 912's are gen 3. The later model 420 has the longer harness for the 02 sensors but both recommend leaving them disconnected completely (stock connectors on the bike disconnected as well so the mapping starts with the default ECM programming ). This is similar as the wiseco tuner with a different brand. The 812 is the latest gen with 3.5 software, better tuning, fuel subtraction if needed, another channel for decel pop removal if needed as well. The 812 was matts recommendation but I wanted to see what the $150 bargain tuner would do first. It's only $100 difference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone bought one of these yet from the website listed in the first post? I'm in need of a fuel controller and at $150 that's a great price. Just looking for feedback on that website and if the fuel controller is works well?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Has anyone bought one of these yet from the website listed in the first post? I'm in need of a fuel controller and at $150 that's a great price. Just looking for feedback on that website and if the fuel controller is works well?
I bought through amazon. All resellers behave when big brother amazon is watching and making them. The controller works great! I have logged about 500 miles so far and a big improvement.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Wiseco-FMC090-Management-Controller-Polaris/dp/B003177JMG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411211328&sr=8-1&keywords=Fmc090[/ame]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ordered one last night. Thanks.

Will report results.

Mind posting your hardware (exhaust, filter, timing, etc) and corresponding settings?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the update klementa.

Does anyone know what the base settings are on Lloyds fuel controller? I'm thinking since they're relatively the same the settings from that would help us out. EJK has their base settings on their webpage and the only difference in theirs and Wiseco's is that EJK has the yellow range kick in at 0.5 instead of 4.0.

·
13,247 Posts
klementa
I missed it or didn't see what bike you put this on. Do you have a ATS wheel in yours and if so where do you have that at.
Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No prob! 2013 victory Judge. All stock but the muffler and filter.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Both 912's are gen 3. The later model 420 has the longer harness for the 02 sensors but both recommend leaving them disconnected completely (stock connectors on the bike disconnected as well so the mapping starts with the default ECM programming ). This is similar as the wiseco tuner with a different brand. The 812 is the latest gen with 3.5 software, better tuning, fuel subtraction if needed, another channel for decel pop removal if needed as well. The 812 was matts recommendation but I wanted to see what the $150 bargain tuner would do first. It's only $100 difference.
Are you sure that the '420 is the one with the O2 hookups? Because the EJK site has instructions for both the '420 and '280. The '420 instructions mention nothing about O2s other than to say to disconnect them. However, the '280 does specifically say how to route the O2 harnesses and to connect them. I have them routed and connected right now. Wondering if that's wrong?

EDIT: Called Dobeck. They say that the '280 does have the O2 plugs. However, he's saying that all the plugs do is disconnect the O2s from the ECU, no different than disconnecting them and leaving them unplugged.

·
Registered
50 Posts
So, after trying Dobeck's suggested baseline, then Lloyd's (which is very similar, but not the same) and finally, my own crack at it, I have to say Lloyd's is by far the best. Thing pulls great now, regardless of where in the powerband you are.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts