Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Getting ready for the next adventure, I have a week to play.

The plan is to try to complete 4 separate IBA rides with a stop at the top of Mount Evans, Death Valley and the top of Pikes Peak.

Should be fun!:crzy: Can't wait!!

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I thought I was a rider, but if you do that in a week...You-Da-Man thumb up

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I was a rider, but if you do that in a week...You-Da-Man thumb up
The rides won't be completed back to back, I will have a little time between the rides but they all must be completed in a week so that I can get back to work.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rollin"
Do you have insomnia ?

I love to ride, but whether I am at home or traveling; when 10 PM comes, my eye want to be shut and sleeping.
I do like to ride at night, twice I have started IBA rides at 8:00 pm.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I do like to ride at night, twice I have started IBA rides at 8:00 pm.
That almost make sense. Riding somewhere you are a bit familiar with to somewhere you are not and it would be daylight.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That almost make sense. Riding somewhere you are a bit familiar with to somewhere you are not and it would be daylight.
Yes. On the first ride I will be traveling across Iowa and Nebraska during the night and by daylight I will be in Colorado.

Also at night it's cooler, it's quiet and a lot less traffic.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Three IBA rides done -
Milwaukee to Idaho Springs, CO
The top of Mount Evans to Death Valley
Death Valley to the top of Pikes Peak
Hoping to try one more on the return trip to Milwaukee.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Yes. On the first ride I will be traveling across Iowa and Nebraska during the night and by daylight I will be in Colorado.

Also at night it's cooler, it's quiet and a lot less traffic.
Keep yer eyes open. Them critters like to come out and do their thing when no ones watching...thumb up

·
Registered
810 Posts
Rollin, If I ever grow up I wanna be just like you!!

thumb upcheersthumb up

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Three IBA rides done -
Milwaukee to Idaho Springs, CO
The top of Mount Evans to Death Valley
Death Valley to the top of Pikes Peak
Hoping to try one more on the return trip to Milwaukee.
Some great memories made! AND....WOW....I am impressed. thumb up

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some great memories made! AND....WOW....I am impressed. thumb up
Thank you!

Picture was taken at 4:10 am in Badwater, Death Valley, 96 degrees and 1065 miles traveled from the top of Mount Evans.
The highest point in the country to the lowest in less than 24 hours.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Thank you!

Picture was taken at 4:10 am in Badwater, Death Valley, 96 degrees and 1065 miles traveled from the top of Mount Evans.
The highest point in the country to the lowest in less than 24 hours.

Wow I love to ride but I don't think I could do 1000 miles in a day. My neck get soar. I wonder if pull back bars would help...

Your the man. That is very impressive.

Did you do the run alone ?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow I love to ride but I don't think I could do 1000 miles in a day. My neck get soar. I wonder if pull back bars would help...

Your the man. That is very impressive.

Did you do the run alone ?
Thank you!
Yes. This ride was solo.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Well done bro! Inspiring as I sit here at WORK thinking about riding... hehhehehe Good job. I have two SS1K Memorial rides lined up for October (once all the details for this year are out, see seperate thread soon) which seem like a drop in the bucket when looking at this. Still looking for the coast to coast one of these days. Cool thing is I now look at 500-600 mile days as "Ehhhh" I did a 500 last spring from where I was working remotely to the house to have a cup of coffee with the Mrs and then back to our remote site... heheehe Couldn't have even imagined that before IBA's.. hehee

Safe ridin Rollin!!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well done bro! Inspiring as I sit here at WORK thinking about riding... hehhehehe Good job. I have two SS1K Memorial rides lined up for October (once all the details for this year are out, see seperate thread soon) which seem like a drop in the bucket when looking at this. Still looking for the coast to coast one of these days. Cool thing is I now look at 500-600 mile days as "Ehhhh" I did a 500 last spring from where I was working remotely to the house to have a cup of coffee with the Mrs and then back to our remote site... heheehe Couldn't have even imagined that before IBA's.. hehee

Safe ridin Rollin!!!!
Thanks Tim!!
I agree, the world becomes smaller when you can do the 1000 miles days.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts