Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All:

We just put up some more information on the next Victory at victorymotorcycles.com. To help with the launch, you can also register to win a grand in Victory gear.

http://bit.ly/y1zCZI

PS - We tease because we care. We are really stoked about January 20th.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
All:

We just put up some more information on the next Victory at victorymotorcycles.com. To help with the launch, you can also register to win a grand in Victory gear.

http://bit.ly/y1zCZI

PS - We tease because we care. We are really stoked about January 20th.
I'll go first, a black Vision with Ape Hangers?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm sticking with my first prediction from the earlier bike release; I'm going with a cafe racer-style bike.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I'm sticking with my first prediction from the earlier bike release; I'm going with a cafe racer-style bike.
From the pic they posted it appears to be a black (surprise) Kingpin plus diamond cut cylinders, minus chrome cylinder head covers, minus inverted forks. Surely it has the steel spoke wheels running tubed bias plys, handlebars that mimic insect antennas, an odd sized wheel or two.

Chrome may not get you home, but apparently style will make you a pile...

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I was hoping for that too but probably not. It only has one brake line and if they made a cafe racer it'd more than likely have twin discs like the Hammer.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Sorry, but after the hype around the Hard Ball reveal you will have to excuse me if I don't hold my breath :rolleyes:

I was hoping for that too but probably not. It only has one brake line and if they made a cafe racer it'd more than likely have twin discs like the Hammer.
If the picture is actually a "sneak peek" then I agree. But maybe they will still go with the café racer and, keeping with the Hard/High Ball theme, call it Humongous Ball :p

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
From the pic they posted it appears to be a black (surprise) Kingpin plus diamond cut cylinders, minus chrome cylinder head covers, minus inverted forks. Surely it has the steel spoke wheels running tubed bias plys, handlebars that mimic insect antennas, an odd sized wheel or two.

Chrome may not get you home, but apparently style will make you a pile...
Sorry, but after the hype around the Hard Ball reveal you will have to excuse me if I don't hold my breath :rolleyes:

If the picture is actually a "sneak peek" then I agree. But maybe they will still go with the café racer and, keeping with the Hard/High Ball theme, call it Humongous Ball :p
Or its like Saddlebag said and its called the PINBALL :ltr:

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Victory will bring back the round headlight with this model. safe_image.jpg thumb up

Since it's last 2 models came out with matte paint and ape hangers, this new model will very likely have those features as well. Also considering the Kingpin 8-Ball has gone away, a safe bet would be on a matte black, throw back round headlight, and ape hangers Kingpin.

I only have one question left to be answered on the 20th: Will it have factory removable hard bags? :cool:

By the way, I'm digging those cheese wedge replacements for my XR - if they fit, I'll buy a pair as soon as they're available. :crzy: :D wac

Capture.jpg

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Dave,
Good to see you back; it's been a long time! Hopefully this one will impress and bring in some more options. The wedges are sweet!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Victory will bring back the round headlight with this model. View attachment 4326 thumb up

Since it's last 2 models came out with matte paint and ape hangers, this new model will very likely have those features as well. Also considering the Kingpin 8-Ball has gone away, a safe bet would be on a matte black, throw back round headlight, and ape hangers Kingpin.

I only have one question left to be answered on the 20th: Will it have factory removable hard bags? :cool:

By the way, I'm digging those cheese wedge replacements for my XR - if they fit, I'll buy a pair as soon as they're available. :crzy: :D wac

View attachment 4325
The cheese wedge does look nice I wonder if it requires different mounts?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hopefully it's going to actually be an all new bike this time. Not another parts bin bike.

Painting it matte black and changing a fender, adding mini apes and tossing bags on it does not make it a new model in my opinion.

Take a cue from Dodge. They showed the Challenger as a concept car, listened to Dodge owners who said "make it" and it has been a success. Make the damn Core Concept we have been shown, and we will buy it. A LOT of people have expressed their desire to own one, so listen to us please.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Hopefully it's going to actually be an all new bike this time. Not another parts bin bike.

Painting it matte black and changing a fender, adding mini apes and tossing bags on it does not make it a new model in my opinion.

Take a cue from Dodge. They showed the Challenger as a concept car, listened to Dodge owners who said "make it" and it has been a success. Make the damn Core Concept we have been shown, and we will buy it. A LOT of people have expressed their desire to own one, so listen to us please.
I hope it's an all new bike too. But if we're being realistic in our expectations, they can't pop an all new bike every 6 months. So instead of having an all new bike every 2 years (Vision in 08, Cross Bikes in 10), I'm happy to get some variations in between where we get a kinda-new model every few months on top of the all new models we get every few years.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Dodge may not be a good example. With the exception of the Challenger the do a lot of parts sharing; seats and other interior components from the Caliber are also used in the Avenger and the Jeep Compass/Patriot.

Another indication is the Charger; they revive an old 2 door model and make it a 4 door. Which brings us back to the Avenger which just happens to be a miniturized clone of the 4 door Charger.

The new Victory will be whatever Victory thinks will appeal to new buyers. The people that have already bought into the company can only hope that the new model will also bring in accessories that can be used on existing models.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dodge may not be a good example. With the exception of the Challenger the do a lot of parts sharing; seats and other interior components from the Caliber are also used in the Avenger and the Jeep Compass/Patriot.

Another indication is the Charger; they revive an old 2 door model and make it a 4 door. Which brings us back to the Avenger which just happens to be a miniturized clone of the 4 door Charger.
Don't forget that the charger also shares the same platform as the 300 as well as the scrapped magnum, which in turn was originally the mercedes m class chassis.

The new Victory will be whatever Victory thinks will appeal to new buyers. The people that have already bought into the company can only hope that the new model will also bring in accessories that can be used on existing models.

^x2 for this guy. You can never have too many possible accessories to add if you wanted.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I hope it's an all new bike too. But if we're being realistic in our expectations, they can't pop an all new bike every 6 months. So instead of having an all new bike every 2 years (Vision in 08, Cross Bikes in 10), I'm happy to get some variations in between where we get a kinda-new model every few months on top of the all new models we get every few years.
Yeah, but it's be nice if they introduced something aside from matte black paint with apes.

Victory really made a splash when they brought out the Vegas. From the crease in the tank to the way the seat fed up into the tank, it was just a really classy looking bike.

Victory really showed bravado bringing out the Vision. Sure they ended up toning it down a bit into something a little more recognizable in the Cross bikes, but they are still unique bikes that have a certain elegance about them.

Now they are just following Harley by cobbling together pared down, parts bin bikes painted black to ostensibly energize the goth crowd. Their designers must have hit the lottery and retired, only to be replaced by bean counters...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree...but Victory is making it hard for me to narrow it down like the high ball wife likes the hard ball so maybe this will be a mix!

·
Registered
782 Posts

Not really the point I was making though. My point is, follow their business model for making what customers ask for.

They did a concept car called the Viper with no intention of making it, customers asked, they made it.

Same for the Magnum, then the Challenger.

And as far as the four door Charger thing... that was due to the market segment that was buying, dodge decided a 4 door would sell better. They were right.

While the 300, Charger and Magnum are all on the LX platform, there are key differences to each, including options available in them. I've owned an SRT Magnum and Challenger, and have friends with chargers and 300s ;)

After years of us building our own 426 Strokers off our motors, Dodge then released the 426 package in the new Challenger SRT8s beginning last year.

Of course not everything in their business model is worth following, the whole "build it and they will come" philosophy is what I hope Vic picks up on.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.