Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

8541 - 8560 of 8591 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Not sure how I feel about the authors take on a fix in the beginning of this article. He is most certainly an optimist. That aside the examples of taxpayer abuse/waste that follow are outstanding . https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/america-needs-war-waste-100-examples-federal-taxpayer-abuse
here are a few examples from the 25+ at the end of the article:
"
SEX ED FOR PROSTITUTES IN CALIFORNIA – $1.4 MILLION

FY2016 | BARBARA LEE | CALIFORNIA–13 | DEMOCRAT | Our OpenTheBooks.com Oversight Report – Where’s the Pork, released in May 2018, includes 50 examples of wasteful federal grants (FY2017). On page 5, the report details the $1.4 million grant to the California Prostitutes Education Project from the Department of Health and Human Services.

LOBSTER TAIL & SNOW CRAB PURCHASES -- $25.4 MILLION

FY2017-2018 | DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE | As the fiscal year wrapped up, federal agencies celebrated by splurging on luxury food items. The Department of Defense (DOD) originally reported spending $2.3 million on snow crab, Alaskan king crab, and crab legs and claws, plus another $2.3 million on lobster tail. Additionally, agencies spent nearly $300,000 on steak (ribeye, top sirloin, and flank). However, the DOD admitted to inflated disclosures. Their updated numbers reveal lobster and crab purchases amounted to $1.6 million in September 2018 and $25.4 million during an 18-month period. We have additional questions for the agency. Here is a video showing our data download and quantification of $2.3 million (Sept 2018) and $22.1 million (FY2018) in lobster tail purchases as reported by the DOD to the federal government's official transparency portal at USAspending.gov.

TALKING TO SAGUARO CACTUS – $10,000

FY2016 | NATIONAL FOUNDATION ON THE ARTS AND HUMANITIES | In July 2017, we published our OpenTheBooks Oversight Report – National Foundation on the Arts and Humanities, detailing numerous examples of wasteful grant making by the National Foundation on the Arts and Humanities. On page 10, the report details the $10,000 grant to the Collage Dance Theatre in Los Angeles. Our report launched on the editorial page of the Wall Street Journal in a column by Roger Kimball.

35,780 FEDERAL LAWYERS – $14.3 BILLION

FY2016—FY2018 | OFFICE OF PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT | Our OpenTheBooks Oversight Report – Mapping the Swamp analyzed the most popular and taxpayer expensive federal employee job titles. On page 16, there is a case study detailing the annual taxpayer cost ($4.8 billion) of employing 35,212 federal lawyers. Only 12,000 of those lawyers are pursuing crime and criminals at the Department of Justice. Recently, we updated the numbers for all the years between FY2016 and FY2018.

IRS PURCHASE OF 4,600 GUNS & 5M ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION – INCLUDING 621 SHOTGUNS, 539 RIFLES & 15 SUBMACHINE GUNS -- $15.5 MILLION

FY2006—FY2017 | INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE | In December 2018, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) published a report to congress quantifying purchases of $1.5 billion in firearms, ammunition, and tactical equipment by federal agencies outside of the Pentagon (FY2010-FY2017). These findings were consistent with our oversight published at The Wall Street Journal in summer 2016, which found 67 federal agencies outside of the Department of Defense purchased $1.4 billion in guns, ammunition, and military-style equipment (FY2006-FY2014).

VIRTUAL SHOE–FITTING – $902,789

FY2015-2016 | MORGAN GRIFFITH | VIRGINIA–9 | REPUBLICAN | ANNA ESHOO | CALIFORNIA-18 | DEMOCRAT | Our OpenTheBooks.com Oversight Report – Where’s the Pork, released in May 2018, includes 50 examples of wasteful federal grants (FY2017). On page 10, the report details the $753,502 grant given to Eclo, Inc. from the National Science Foundation. A representative from Rep. Griffith's office reached out to us, claiming Rep. Griffith was not responsible for this grant. Read Rep. Griffith's office's argument here. Rep. Griffith's office sent a cease and desist letter to our office and we issued a response. Read our response letter here. Recently, we updated the numbers and the total grants amounted to $902,789.

EXPENSIVE COFFEE CUPS: THE PENTAGON PAYS MORE THAN $1,000 FOR A SINGLE COFFEE CUP

FY2018 | U.S. AIR FORCE | The Pentagon admitted to spending $1,220 on a single coffee cup. According to Travis Air Force Base Website. "In 2016, the 60th Aerial Port Squadron purchased 10 hot cups for $9,630. The price for each cup surged from $693 to $1,220 in 2018 resulting in a total expenditure of $32,000 for 25 cups. That’s a price jump of $527 per cup which leads to some pricey hot water," (July 2018).

and there are more................
:)

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
South Park takes on Trans men competing in women's sports. Something I don't believe they should be allowed to do. There's an obvious physical reason they usually win.

Now that was funny to watch, I like that, next up is Mike Tyson to register as a woman and be world champion in woman boxing

Ha ha ha

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Do you ever wonder how some of our congressmen and senators got elected and some stay in there for 40 years? I'm talking about both parties now. Do any of them understand the reason President Trump got elected is because Americans are tired of their elitist attitudes and not doing what they said they would do. Many of us just vote for who we think will do the least harm. 25% of the Americans going to Trump Rallies are registered Democrats, go figure.

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,548
Do you ever wonder how some of our congressmen and senators got elected and some stay in there for 40 years? I'm talking about both parties now. Do any of them understand the reason President Trump got elected is because Americans are tired of their elitist attitudes and not doing what they said they would do. Many of us just vote for who we think will do the least harm. 25% of the Americans going to Trump Rallies are registered Democrats, go figure.
The answer is term limits. The problem is the people who need to make it law are the same people who want to stay in power indefinitely. This won't happen until we have a Constitutional Convention where the states change the Constitution. It's a big deal to do this and very difficult. There's also the danger of some rights getting removed or negatively changed like our beloved 1st and 2nd Amendments.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
President Trump has our service members back and ours. This kind of stuff is why our President is loved by so many Americans.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Obviously the panel for the court martial conducted under the UCMJ didn't agree with you.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Doesn't matter what the UCMJ opines. The President and many others in the military thought otherwise.

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,553
The obama Admiral of the SEAL's is not happy about this. He needs to be purged as well as all the obama promoted upper level officers just like when obama purged all the good officers. Maybe some of them can be convinced to come back and get our military right. Democrats in the military is an oxymoron. It's like mixing dirty oil and water. You just end up a with a muddy looking mess.

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,554
This NY rep clarifies how the dem pols in congress are accusing Trump of doing what they did under Obama. The pinnacle of hypocrisy in politics but unfortunately not uncommon coming from the dems. It has become their signature tactic. They did it with Russia and now Ukraine. Next month it will be Iran since Obama shipped $150B to Iran in unmarked paper money on pallets in the denomination of the country where the terrorists such as ISIS resided. The corruption in the dem party is so deep; we may not ever see the full extent of it. Just scratching the surface now.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
This NY rep clarifies how the dem pols in congress are accusing Trump of doing what they did under Obama. The pinnacle of hypocrisy in politics but unfortunately not uncommon coming from the dems. It has become their signature tactic. They did it with Russia and now Ukraine. Next month it will be Iran since Obama shipped $150B to Iran in unmarked paper money on pallets in the denomination of the country where the terrorists such as ISIS resided. The corruption in the dem party is so deep; we may not ever see the full extent of it. Just scratching the surface now.

Trump said he would drain the swamp. We will probably see a lot more with Bar's and the other investigations coming out soon. But it's nothing that most people didn't suspect that was going on. All of this impeachment hearing crap is to try to lesson the impact on what will be exposed by the upcoming reports. The democrats are grasping at straws and most Americans see it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I hope you're right Nab. I wonder though because voters have put democrats into Governorship seats lately as if none of this Trump hoax has changed their minds one bit.

·
Premium Member
13,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,557
The Horowitz report on the criminal investigation into corruption by the obama admin is due out on Dec. 11th. That will be the starting point if it indicates criminal wrongdoing by those such as Comey and Strock/Page. You can bet they're worried but they also believe themselves to be protected by the deep state. When I see these criminals doing the perp walk with cuffs on; then I'll believe they will be answering for their crimes against the people of America.

If indicted they better watch out because --- Epstein didn't kill himself! :D

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I can't see Trump not winning in 2020. Like I said in a earlier post, 25% of the people going to the latest Trump rallies are Democrats. He has won over a lot more of Americans than is being reported. I don't care what the polls show. Polls are made to suppress peoples vote, they are rigged. The press makes it sound like there is no way that so and so will not win. So people think why should I mess with voting the election has already been won by so and so. Well the 2016 presidential election debunked that. There are a lot of people that think the Republicans will win back the congress and add seats in the senate in 2020. If this is what happens the Democrats and the liberal press will be completely humiliated. Their corrupt goals destroyed for 4 more years. It will be the best thing to ever happen to the U.S.A. IN OUR TIMES. Pray for the Republicans to take a strong hold on our government. God save the U.S.A.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I can't see Trump not winning in 2020. Like I said in a earlier post, 25% of the people going to the latest Trump rallies are Democrats. He has won over a lot more of Americans than is being reported. I don't care what the polls show. Polls are made to suppress peoples vote, they are rigged. The press makes it sound like there is no way that so and so will not win. So people think why should I mess with voting the election has already been won by so and so. Well the 2016 presidential election debunked that. There are a lot of people that think the Republicans will win back the congress and add seats in the senate in 2020. If this is what happens the Democrats and the liberal press will be completely humiliated. Their corrupt goals destroyed for 4 more years. It will be the best thing to ever happen to the U.S.A. IN OUR TIMES. Pray for the Republicans to take a strong hold on our government. God save the U.S.A.
Look what happened in 2018? The Democrats flipped the house. None of the moron voters had a clue that doing that would bring our government to a standstill with nothing but impeachment for the next 2 years. People who voted for Trump actually told me they voted democrat in the house so "we have a balanced government" !!!!! I reminded them that voting democrats this was going to happen. The democrats will not work with Trump period! That and the federally illegal act of ballet harvesting is expanding across the nation without any legal challenge has me concerned.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Look what happened in 2018? The Democrats flipped the house. None of the moron voters had a clue that doing that would bring our government to a standstill with nothing but impeachment for the next 2 years. People who voted for Trump actually told me they voted democrat in the house so "we have a balanced government" !!!!! I reminded them that voting democrats this was going to happen. The democrats will not work with Trump period! That and the federally illegal act of ballet harvesting is expanding across the nation without any legal challenge has me concerned.
Let us hope that Americans realize that the Democratic Party will never work with President Trump. The only way for our nation to moved forward is for the Republicans to cane total control of the government. If the Democrats cane control we will progress back to high taxes, regulations, our companies moving over seas. We will go back to slow national growth, more people on welfare because the loss of jobs. The U.S.A. will become a week country with endless wars and eventually at the mercy of the rest of the world. China will become the powerhouse in the world. This is a fight to save our nation from a corrupt government. They want to remove our first and second amendments of our Bill of Rights and suppress Christianity. They want to destroy our nation as it was founded.

8541 - 8560 of 8591 Posts