Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pix is coming home from the snake yesterday
image.jpg

·
Registered
470 Posts
I haven't even been riding much lately because it rains nearly every day, at least once. I have rain gear but really hate to fool with it unless i'm on a long trip.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had brand new rain gear got from jafrum and they were not water proof in my opion a waste of money my ole lady's leaked worse than mine

·
Registered
530 Posts
Kind of looks like my ride home yesterday...add a sprinkle of hail and you got it!

My Helly Hansen rain pants held up great. The liner in my Joe Rocket textile...not so much.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I hate riding in a downpour. Hate wearing rain gear too. I bought a Coleman set at Walmart. It was very cheap and works very well. Prolly not stylish though.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
The rain here in TN has been a pain, I have not put many miles on my XR in the last couple of months. I rode out to Lexington KY yesterday and got lucky, avoided any major storms and hopefully the rest of my week out here will be sunny and dry!
How did you like the Snake rainman? I have recently gained a new appreciation for it after riding every curvy road in NC,TN,VA,KY over the last 5 years. I usually ride it early in the morning when I am the only person on it, to many guys who can't ride there HD's worth crap on it up in the day and takes for ever to get over the mountains then. Sorry I couldn't meet up but maybe next trip.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I bought a Frog Togs rain suit brand new for 35 dollars. Works perfectly.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought a Frog Togs rain suit brand new for 35 dollars. Works perfectly.
I had a set of those also awhile back and after bout the fifth time wearing them they were no longer waterproof

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The rain here in TN has been a pain, I have not put many miles on my XR in the last couple of months. I rode out to Lexington KY yesterday and got lucky, avoided any major storms and hopefully the rest of my week out here will be sunny and dry!
How did you like the Snake rainman? I have recently gained a new appreciation for it after riding every curvy road in NC,TN,VA,KY over the last 5 years. I usually ride it early in the morning when I am the only person on it, to many guys who can't ride there HD's worth crap on it up in the day and takes for ever to get over the mountains then. Sorry I couldn't meet up but maybe next trip.
I like it been better if the roads wasn't wet and raining at times
Hopefully next time I'm in ur neck of the woods we can meet up

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The guy that owns the campground had a good lookin 72 norton
image.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts