·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Indian is kicking ass....

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
I like the Indian Roadmasters. But, for $37,000 they can keep it.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the Indian Roadmasters. But, for $37,000, they can keep it.
The RM Elite is amazing....I bet it'll knock you out of you're socks to see in up close and personal. That said, I'd never so much as think of buying one either. The price is high and what's worse is that its pretty much unusable for its intended purpose. Its simply too nice to ride and tour with, it would ruin the bike. So its for those that have big money to waste on a garage queen....

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
How much do you have into your Cross Country, I bet it rivals the Indian in total cost.

I think the same thing I went to a shop that sells Indian, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki. Nice bikes are $$$$ plain and simple.

I'm sitting here pissed I have to replace a $12 driving light that went out. Things have changed for me and I hope that goes away some day, the CC sits 99% of the time now all the miles are on the DL650. The Strom is just fun to ride!!

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
I bought the bike new in 2013 for $22,000 (not including the Goldwing trade-in). There is no way I put in $15k after the fact. Not even with the way I waste money on it lol

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
I like it. I for sure could not justify spending that kind of money but if I win the lottery I might pick one up.

I do wish it came in a size other than smedium.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I sat on an Indian Chief Dark Horse that had been traded in, at my local multi-brand dealer. It was SMALL! After the fantastic comfort of my XCT and my Yamaha RSV before that, I would not want to have to scrunch up on an Indian Chief.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
How much do you have into your Cross Country, I bet it rivals the Indian in total cost.

I think the same thing I went to a shop that sells Indian, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki. Nice bikes are $$$$ plain and simple.

I'm sitting here pissed I have to replace a $12 driving light that went out. Things have changed for me and I hope that goes away some day, the CC sits 99% of the time now all the miles are on the DL650. The Strom is just fun to ride!!
DUDE!!! love the Wee-Strom it's on my radar! I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Buying a 650 to putt around town on to conserve the miles on the Vic. However, there's just so many used low mileage HD Sporty's (2004 and up only for the rubber mounted motor) that I may go that way. I don't care if it's an 883 or not, I have wrenches if I want to go 1200 :devil there's kits all over. All the Harley guys think it's a girl's bike and they have no idea how good it is. I know the Vic will sneer at the Sporty in the garage but it'll get used to it :D

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DUDE!!! love the Wee-Strom it's on my radar! I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Buying a 650 to putt around town on to conserve the miles on the Vic. However, there's just so many used low mileage HD Sporty's (2004 and up only for the rubber mounted motor) that I may go that way. I don't care if it's an 883 or not, I have wrenches if I want to go 1200 :devil there's kits all over. All the Harley guys think it's a girl's bike and they have no idea how good it is. I know the Vic will sneer at the Sporty in the garage but it'll get used to it :D
Maybe Sporty ads should have more burn-outs in them, then they might go over better with Vic people.....On that note, maybe the RoadMaster Elite should be doing burn-outs in its ads to go over better with Vic people :|

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
The Wee-Strom is now at 4500+ miles since April 27th (bought it with 3 miles), miles that aren't on the Vic and it gets 55-60mpg consistently. These agile small displacement bikes are a blast and it really moves being so light weight and a 10,000 rpm red line.

Maybe Sporty ads should have more burn-outs in them, then they might go over better with Vic people.....On that note, maybe the RoadMaster Elite should be doing burn-outs in its ads to go over better with Vic people :|
I've noticed that before the announcement Indian was VERY welcome in Vic circles, sometimes encouraged. Now, not at all.

·
Registered
270 Posts
So much for unique styling...it looks like an HD.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
I've noticed that before the announcement Indian was VERY welcome in Vic circles, sometimes encouraged. Now, not at all.
I think it has lots to do with the "FU Polaris" movement. They don't dislike Indians in and of themselves, but hate them now because they are a Polaris product.

·
Premium Member
13,603 Posts
The Wee-Strom is now at 4500+ miles since April 27th (bought it with 3 miles), miles that aren't on the Vic and it gets 55-60mpg consistently. These agile small displacement bikes are a blast and it really moves being so light weight and a 10,000 rpm red line.
This is why I like my KP so much. Such a different and fun ride for the more local rides. It also cuts down on putting all the miles on one bike. Are you saving the miles on the XC for road trips now? Is that why it sits 99% of the time?

Well yeah; who knows if Indian will be in business this time next year or 5 years from now when the parent company has shown it's a fly by night company twice now. I sure don't trust it to stay in business if things don't stay rosy for them. At least HD found a way to stay in business then bought it back when they could. Polaris just throws sub-companies away when they don't produce the way they think they should.

This all water under the bridge but dang it if some of that water doesn't splash up and hit my tongue with a real bitter taste sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
This all water under the bridge but dang it if some of that water doesn't splash up and hit my tongue with a real bitter taste sometimes.
I recommend a sneeze guard or a doctor's mask. That should help. :D :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
screw polaris

do not buy anything from them. I wish I had known what they were going to do. I would not have bought any Indians. Now we know what they are about. don't even look at an Indian.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
This is why I like my KP so much. Such a different and fun ride for the more local rides. It also cuts down on putting all the miles on one bike. Are you saving the miles on the XC for road trips now? Is that why it sits 99% of the time?

That's exactly it the CC is now my long haul only bike the DL650 is everything else.

I'm trying real had to get the bad taste out.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts