Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sickened by what I knew was coming long ago. From what many now observe and believe themselves, Christian beliefs are becoming passe, politically incorrect, close minded, anti everything, insignificant, biased, and myth-like.

The numbers of those who embrace Christianity have dwindled. Christian churches across America have closed their doors.

Those of you who are not Christians, do understand that believers have a moral code and many of you yourselves also embrace somewhat conservative beliefs. You may be atheist or agnostic but you desire to raise your kids in a productive way where they obey the laws, have integrity, and character... all positive attributes that ensure a promising future.

What's wrong with removing prayer from schools? Same sex marriage across the nation? Removing the Ten Commandments? Stopping the Pledge of Allegiance("One nation under God")? Saying or printing Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas? And on and on...

What does it hurt if people want to choose how to live their lives and not have certain belief structures shoved down their throats. Well! The reverse is happening. Christians are being persecuted. Our nostrils are filled with the stench of moral decay and if we attempt to display the ways of Christ and His teachings, we get a door slammed in our face.

I read where a bakery shop owner was recently forced by the court system to pay a gay couple $175,000 because they refused to service their wedding.

Wow! Yeah... dill's soap box. :crzy:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Those screaming for tolerance these days are the most intolerant when something goes against them.
We are in a heap of trouble. All it takes is one person to gripe and a whole community must suffer these days.

I'm sure the punt will follow soon.

cheers

·
Registered
251 Posts
Amen!!! Merry CHRISTMAS and one nation under GOD!!! I'm not a church goer but I still believe in my religion!! If more people read and understood the bible the world would be a better place!!

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
The sky is falling! Sodom & Gamora here we come!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I agree with you but I see this thread going downhill unfortunately.

·
Registered
149 Posts
So you heard about the bakery owners being fined $175,000, but did you also hear that they have had a gag order placed on them by a local judge. They have had 2 of their first amendment rights taken away because they did not want to participate in something that goes against their religious beliefs. On the other hand, a muslim can sue because they aren't allowed to wear their headscarf (my apologies for not knowing the correct term, not my thing) at work and force yet another company to bow down and change policy based on religion. Christianity is surely under attack by all facets of society. I'm not a church-goer but I have my faith (mind you, not religion, but faith based on Christianity) but I'm not so sure I agree with all of these new age mega-churches with 10-15 "campuses" all around a city. Maybe it's just a change that just doesn't seem right to me. I mean, until 10 years ago, did you ever see a window sticker promoting a church?

·
Registered
231 Posts
"What does it hurt if people want to choose how to live their lives and not have certain belief structures shoved down their throats. "

Been saying this my whole life, every time someone tries to shove GOD down my throat.

The problem is some worry to much about what other people do, mind you own business and take care of your family and those you care about.

And just to stir the pot some

1 million children die each year before they reach the age of 5
God either can't do anything about it or
refuses to do anything about it.

He does work in mysterious ways don't he...........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
149 Posts
"What does it hurt if people want to choose how to live their lives and not have certain belief structures shoved down their throats. "

Been saying this my whole life, every time someone tries to shove GOD down my throat.

The problem is some worry to much about what other people do, mind you own business and take care of your family and those you care about.

Your first statement is exactly right, believe, don't believe that is on you. I have always had an issue with anyone trying to force their beliefs on me. What the OP had mentioned was that this is happening, only in reverse and that people are being fined ridiculous amounts of money because of this. How is that fair? They didn't try to force their beliefs, they only chose to not do business with someone. Oddly enough, you can put up a sign that says No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service and deny service to someone. Or you can put up a sign that says Management reserves the right to refuse service, and this is legally binding, but because they stated that it went against their religious beliefs, they are chastised for it.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Maybe if you believed the Browns wouldn't suck so bad.:D

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
I'm off for a ride:)

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
About that bakery....Sweet Cakes is (was) here in my backyard. There are many here who believe that gay couple set up the bakery for a fall as there were Christian symbols all about the store. Their refusal to the couple was very tactful and the gay couple were able to have a cake made elsewhere - of course. It was the attorney general who ordered the bakery to pay the "offended" couple $135,000 and placed a gag order on them. That AG is getting a lot of heat for that, but not enough, as Oregon and Portland are cesspools of liberalism. Just thought I'd set the record straight.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Ahhh the power of myth and the guilt palaces, we're all going to hell.

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
A chilling read on the subject.

http://www.steynonline.com/7036/the-stupidity-of-sophisticates

There is a virus in the American bloodstream right now, frothing away at Miss Schumer, "Dukes of Hazzard", and a million other things none of which is particularly consequential in itself. But the trick of civilizational self-preservation is to spot this stuff when it's just small things and stop it at the itsy-bitsy stage. It's never one thing that is unlike the other, two opposing corners of civilization and barbarism, an express train rocketing from one to the other. It's always a continuum. The gleefulness of the culture warriors - the abandonment of even any pretense to the tolerance of differing views - does not speak well for where we're headed. The left takes the view that, in Kathy Shaidle's words, it's different when we do it. So banning Gone With The Wind is bad when Nazis do it but good when progressive liberals do it. For some of us, that won't do: what matters is the abandonment of first principles - on free speech, freedom of association, freedom of religion and much else - and when that happens you stand against it, because it won't stop there. It never does.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is such a darn double standard now in so many ways and not just religiously!

I don't want anyone shoving their own beliefs down my throat. Of course I can handle the Jehovah witnesses and Mormons that come by the house without hostility. I believe the greatest way a Christian can witness to others is by example and there are indeed many that feel the same way. There is always a right time to discuss it verbally.

However, this thread is simply a way of pointing out that even if you are not a Christian, those who attempt to live rightly and lawfully are being forced to accept and abide by principles that go against the grain.

Say for instance your child comes home from school and you find out that he/she learned that same sex couples married or not can have babies. Mummie? Where do babies come from if 2 men are married? :crzy:

How many things can you find wrong with this?

Go to nbcnews.com and you find sections for blacks, Asian, Latino, but no whitey.

There is a the bET network, series 'Blackish', Ms. Black America, NAACP, and on and on. This is because they are the minorities right?

and check this out....

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
I've been reading about this Hurston person too. She is a real piece of work. She was fired from the school she worked at due to her rants of lunacy. Then a school across town offered her a job. Most of the teachers in that school want nothing to do with her but the leadership does. A true sign of poor leadership.

Sadly the far left have taken over our schools at every level which has turned them into indoctrination centers more than bonafide schools.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Who does ISIS want to kill? Does it matter their color or their religion, unless of course they are muslim extremist?

Why would anyone want to destroy America? We are on a course for self-implosion just like other great empires in the distant past.

This mass confusion of beliefs and moral degeneration is bleeding this nation to the point of no return.

Again, last night I'm listening to the local news and it is a continuous stream of killings, burglaries, molestation, whining idgits about flags/racism/drugs... so I go get on my bike.

John Adams in a speech to the military in 1798 warned his fellow countrymen stating, "We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams is a signer of the Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights and our second President.

So, you may ask based on this, what would it be like right now for this country if most everyone made an effort to be moral and lawful?

Would it be fun? Would it be boring?

Examples: Someone just hit me in the rear end. They get out of their car and apologize and then give info in order to pay for the damages.

A former vet is left without any $$, job, or home. You hear about it, you go get him and let him stay with you until he gets on his feet and you are not even related to him.

An old lady has outlived her husband, children, and friends(it happens!). She needs looking after. You and some others take turns looking in on her and help out with errands and so on.

You grab a cup of coffee and turn on the evening local news. They are reporting about people helping a vet down on his luck, a widow getting a helping hand at her home, and so on. There is absolutely nothing on there about murder, robbing, hate, and etc.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If more people read and understood the bible the world would be a better place!!
B/S ... practically every damn conflict in society since "religion" began is because of peoples religious beliefs. I say get rid of religion and the bible and the world WILL be a better place.

:rolleyes: :nanana:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
B/S ... practically every damn conflict in society since "religion" began is because of peoples religious beliefs. I say get rid of religion and the bible and the world WILL be a better place.

:rolleyes: :nanana:
I do understand where you are coming from and in many ways, you are correct. However, we are created with a desire to serve someone or some thing. We can serve ourselves or our things, other people, a god or The God, but irregardless, man is imperfect and we will always be in conflict.

So many nations had opportunity to accept Jesus Christ but they rejected Him. Now, they hate Him and all who embrace His teachings. Jesus of course knew this!

John 14:27 makes it clear that Jesus came to bring peace, but that peace is between the man and God. Those who reject God and the only way of salvation through Jesus (John 14:6) will find themselves perpetually at war with God. But those who come to Him in repentance will find themselves at peace with God. Because of Christ’s sacrifice, we are restored to a relationship of peace with God (Romans 5:1).

Still, it is inevitable that there will be conflict between good and evil, the Christ and the antichrist, the light and the darkness, the children of God (believers) and the children of the devil (those who refuse Christ). Conflict must arise between the two groups, and this can and does happen within a family in which some are believers and others are not. We should seek to be at peace with all men but should never forget that Jesus warned we will be hated for His sake. Because those who reject Him hate Him, they will hate His followers as well (John 15:18).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-sword.html#ixzz3fK9DH7rN

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
... and this thread just became fodder for Pops ignore button. I moved 1500 miles and put up with five decades of hard winters to shed that background noise. Don't need to revisit it on a motorcycle forum.

Maybe my return to this site was not so well thought out. We'll just have to see if this is a trend.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts