you noticed...:crzy:
these vics are pretty long...;)

look what showed up today...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cams and timing wheel are done.
We did the adjustable drop bracket and the running lights, and a power plug(phone mount) today.
Next will be the PCV and Autotune and the exhaust

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
D&D exhaust

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
SWEEEEEEET ! I likey so far !thumb up

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
you noticed...:crzy:
these vics are pretty long...;)

look what showed up today...

could this be used to raise my Vegas Low?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
No, why do you want to raise your vegas low? Thats the purpose of the low, is being lower.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
switch for running lights..

And now we are mounting the PCV and Autotune...
Where are you guys mounting them?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Mine is down under my left side cover, both of them side by side.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
No, why do you want to raise your vegas low? Thats the purpose of the low, is being lower.

That may be the case but I didnt know it was a Low, didnt even know Vic made a Low, only found out when I regoed the bike.
And when I had the Judge for a test ride later I ran a tape measure under both bikes and theyre the same clearancewise in fact I found the judge scraped more on roads I travel all the time.
Possibly as the Judge position encourages scratching, over the same road my GPZ900r would only touch once on the sidestand and then only if really going for it.
I bought the Vic not for the purpose of racing but itd be nice to have a bit more cornering clearance given the performance nature of the engine,
My reasoning is if the bike is capable of being lowered via the shock nount then the same method in reverse could possibly gain an inch.
I can see exactly why someone in the states would desire to lower thier Vic, but for Oz a bit of clearance would becreal handy
To reiterate, I didnt buy a Vegas Low cos it is low I bought it cos its a Victory, and I didnt buy it to pose I bought it to ride.
Riding in Oz involves lots if corners and very poorly maintained roads.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
That may be the case but I didnt know it was a Low, didnt even know Vic made a Low, only found out when I regoed the bike.
And when I had the Judge for a test ride later I ran a tape measure under both bikes and theyre the same clearancewise in fact I found the judge scraped more on roads I travel all the time.
Possibly as the Judge position encourages scratching, over the same road my GPZ900r would only touch once on the sidestand and then only if really going for it.
I bought the Vic not for the purpose of racing but itd be nice to have a bit more cornering clearance given the performance nature of the engine,
My reasoning is if the bike is capable of being lowered via the shock nount then the same method in reverse could possibly gain an inch.
I can see exactly why someone in the states would desire to lower thier Vic, but for Oz a bit of clearance would becreal handy
To reiterate, I didnt buy a Vegas Low cos it is low I bought it cos its a Victory, and I didnt buy it to pose I bought it to ride.
Riding in Oz involves lots if corners and very poorly maintained roads.
Gotcha, the low is setup for a shorter person, lowered suspension, pegs are closer, bars pullback farther etc. The vegas/kingpin use a banana shaped link, but i believe the low also has a shorter shock. You may need to swap both to get what you need. Maybe see if you can swap with someone that wants to lower their vegas?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts