Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just rode the Vision, that's the only one I have interest in.

I will have to disagree that this is a tall man's bike. I was too low and my legs were too cramped, but other than that I loved the ride. The power windshield, heated grips, and balance of this bike is awesome.

What are you long leg folks doing about the seat? I need to go up and back to get more leg room. Aftermarket seat or get the stock seat worked on?

*Edit-scratch the part about not being a tall man's bike, it's gonna work.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Just rode the Vision, that's the only one I have interest in.

I will have to disagree that this is a tall man's bike. I was too low and my legs were too cramped, but other than that I loved the ride. The power windshield, heated grips, and balance of this bike is awesome.

What are you long leg folks doing about the seat? I need to go up and back to get more leg room. Aftermarket seat or get the stock seat worked on?
If you can get another ride, try with one or more car seat pads or a pillow under you. The boards sit very high on Vics for great ground clearance, but coupled with low seat heights, it can result in less than stellar ergonomics. You may find that simply boosting your butt higher in the air is enough. Our floorboards are loooong.

·
Registered
251 Posts
How tall are you 7 foot ? Roomiest bike I have ever owned. I am 6 ft and use the stick seat.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6'3" but long legs.
They called today and offered $3000 off up front.
Just wondering if anyone has an aftermarket seat.( no hitches :D)

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Before you go back for another test ride, get them to set the foot controls full forward. You may well find that is enough to let you feel comfortable.

·
Registered
103 Posts
TriJ you must have along inseam, I'm just about 6'3" with a 35 inch inseam, found it have a lot more leg room than my Harley classic ( one of the many reasons I got rid of it ). I agree with Oldman and have them adjust the controls for you may make the world of difference. Good Luck

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I stand corrected, yall were right.
I'm having them move the controls forward and add the heel shifter.
Sales guy said they also have hwy pegs available.

Ride one and you'll own one is correct....

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Congrats to a fellow Texan on your great decision to get the Victory Vision. Nice bike and looking real good. Maybe we will run across one another here in Texas or Victory get together. Take care and ride safe......Craig

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats on your new Vision. I've been smiling for weeks now since I got mine ;-)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the association of Vision pilots. Our numbers are stronger every day because the bikes are second to none.
I am glad we could help you sort out the legs and controls fit. You will be at your 500 miles service sooner than you expect if you ride anything like I do.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome to the association of Vision pilots. Our numbers are stronger every day because the bikes are second to none.
I am glad we could help you sort out the legs and controls fit. You will be at your 500 miles service sooner than you expect if you ride anything like I do.
Are you in Illinois ? I am in Shelbyville .

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got the 500 mile service done today.

I'm riding back towards home- in the middle lane of the three lane divided freeway, about 70mph.

A Ford F350 crew cab enters the freeway and starts coming all the way over. I glance over and see him talking on the cell phone. I didn't have time to check if the left lane was clear, so just rolled on the throttle.

The 106 came alive and got me in front of him.

I looked over to see if maybe I would get a "I'm sorry" wave, but he went up to about 80mph in the left lane..still talking on his cell phone.

So Victory, here's to you-cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts