Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a year I got my money together and rode 9 hours in rain to get to Adel, IA. Got a hotel and was at the VIC shop at 7:30am the next day. Cams, PCV, Timing Wheel, 1/4 turn throttle and then Rylan did his magic on the dyno.

WOW! Looks like the same bike but WOW! Major jump in power and feel. The bike is awesome fun to ride and it was a true pleasure to watch those guys work. I kept saying (sometimes outloud) "boy am I glad I am not doing this!" Great to support an American small business and guys that know what they are doing.

I was concerned that the changes would hurt my gas mileage but it improved it! I think mainly because the bike is tuned to perfection.

I am not getting anything from Rylan for writing this. Just want to let all know that if you are not close to NY then head to Adel, IA and get the work done. Life is too short to ride a stock bike!

Thanks to Happy Dan Larson for urging me to get the cams!
Best
John

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Any Dyno results...thumb up

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
HP and Torque numbers please.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So after a year I got my money together and rode 9 hours in rain to get to Adel, IA. Got a hotel and was at the VIC shop at 7:30am the next day. Cams, PCV, Timing Wheel, 1/4 turn throttle and then Rylan did his magic on the dyno.

WOW! Looks like the same bike but WOW! Major jump in power and feel. The bike is awesome fun to ride and it was a true pleasure to watch those guys work. I kept saying (sometimes outloud) "boy am I glad I am not doing this!" Great to support an American small business and guys that know what they are doing.

I was concerned that the changes would hurt my gas mileage but it improved it! I think mainly because the bike is tuned to perfection.

I am not getting anything from Rylan for writing this. Just want to let all know that if you are not close to NY then head to Adel, IA and get the work done. Life is too short to ride a stock bike!

Thanks to Happy Dan Larson for urging me to get the cams!
Best
John
I had mine done at The Vic shop as well great place! My gas milage also went up.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
The Vic Shop is going to move
Yes they are moving. 5 miles south and 5 miles west. They will be right off I80 at the Adel exit. Much easier to get to. cheers

·
Registered
257 Posts
So they are exactly not where I need them to be still... Sigh
Its called a Road trip. Ride in and wait for the bike to be done. You can do it Ricky! (Movie quote) cheers

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
That's 1500 mile road trip.... But better than the 2500 mile road trip to Kyle or Lloydz... Or the 3500 mile road trip to Kevin X!!!

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
How is it that nobody has wised up and fired up a real Vic performance shop on the western side of North America? If I didn't have such a killer job I would be all over it.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
I wonder what one has to do to become an 'official' tuner for Lloydz...

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have thought that myself... Somehow I always forget to ask though.
Call Lloyd and ask him. I had dinner with him when he came to the Vic Shop. He is a really easy to talk to person. He may be able to point you in the right direction for a tuner close to the left coast.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts