Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, my Vic XC will stay with me until it dies. If I can't find a suitable replacement for it then I might as well keep it. Demoed a Harley and Indian during the panic and forgot how great my Vic is. Even tried a BMW. Couldn't figure out if I should trade it in or not. I decided to wait until the panic died down. Had a talk with my motorcycle repair guy and he told me how he was surprised that Polaris decided on closing down one of the best motorcycles out there. That got me thinking, if there wasn't anything that I want quality wise then I'd rather keep it. The wife said that in 2 years, I can buy another bike so there you go. It's a win win situation. I am debadging it though so no trace of Victory logo will be in it. Note I am not brand loyal so I have had many bikes but Victory was the one I strongly considered keeping for the rest of its life until Polaris decided to close it down. That was the only reason I wanted to part with it. Not anymore. RIDE SAFE. RIDE PROUD GUYS!

Ain't she a beaut!!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Gorgeous bike , I love it . thumb up

Reactions: broggyr

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Well, my Vic XC will stay with me until it dies. If I can't find a suitable replacement for it then I might as well keep it. Demoed a Harley and Indian during the panic and forgot how great my Vic is. Even tried a BMW. Couldn't figure out if I should trade it in or not. I decided to wait until the panic died down. Had a talk with my motorcycle repair guy and he told me how he was surprised that Polaris decided on closing down one of the best motorcycles out there. That got me thinking, if there wasn't anything that I want quality wise then I'd rather keep it. The wife said that in 2 years, I can buy another bike so there you go. It's a win win situation. I am debadging it though so no trace of Victory logo will be in it. Note I am not brand loyal so I have had many bikes but Victory was the one I strongly considered keeping for the rest of its life until Polaris decided to close it down. That was the only reason I wanted to part with it. Not anymore. RIDE SAFE. RIDE PROUD GUYS!

Ain't she a beaut!!
Amen to that.

Mine is staying until it gets many miles on it then it's gone and I won't be looking for a low mile replacement I'll move on. They are after all metal, plastic and rubber nothing more nothing less.

Reactions: whooshbang

·
Registered
427 Posts
I went through the same pain and anger. But then I said WTF? My bike is running fine! Only 40 K miles, so lotsa life left :ride:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
(I was just taking about this to my buds this morning)After looking at and considering every motorcycle under the sun in the last weeks...I've come to the conclusion that the only viable alternative to my Victory XC is an Indian Chieftain. I'm hanging on to the Vic for another season or two, at that point I'll be ready for something new. Hopefully, Indian with get a boost from the extra resources now available to them and when I'm ready to buy one the bikes will be even more improved and refined.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Never quite understood the practice of removing the badges from bikes. It's like they want people to think it's something else. If you are proud it's a Victory, why not leave it on? VTX guys used to do that back when I had one. I used to ask them if they were embarrassed it was a Honda? No real answer.

Nevermind. lol.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Never quite understood the practice of removing the badges from bikes. It's like they want people to think it's something else. If you are proud it's a Victory, why not leave it on? VTX guys used to do that back when I had one. I used to ask them if they were embarrassed it was a Honda? No real answer.

Nevermind. lol.

I've de-badged every bike I've ever owned, this one is #8. Just a cleaner look to me, nothing to do with the brand.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,407 Posts

Nevermind. lol.
I debadge all my vehicles, looks much cleaner plus I don't get paid to advertise.

Reactions: ftwflh

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I am debadging literally everything from the bag hinge to the cover on my radio.
What are you going to do with the calipers? Black the lettering out?

·
Registered
427 Posts
People will do whatever the heck they want to their bikes....If I had the new Red V logo, I'd debadge. I like the Winged V logo so I keep it on

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
(I was just taking about this to my buds this morning)After looking at and considering every motorcycle under the sun in the last weeks...I've come to the conclusion that the only viable alternative to my Victory XC is an Indian Chieftain. I'm hanging on to the Vic for another season or two, at that point I'll be ready for something new. Hopefully, Indian with get a boost from the extra resources now available to them and when I'm ready to buy one the bikes will be even more improved and refined.
I thought of it this way, if the sales of the indian keeps going up then it won't be a risk anymore. Right now, I feel like 2-3 yrs would be enough for me to know if Polaris will also keep The Indian brand, lol!

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
You say ride proud, yet you delete everything that says its a Victory. What kind of pride is that?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
What are you going to do with the calipers? Black the lettering out?
Nope Black Sharpie. LOL Cant hardly debadge a Harley now. Being the emblems are stickers and clear coat. I think some of the Victory's look debadged, Hammer is one I can think of. Some cars have a coll sleek look.

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
Oh you thought I'm riding proud for Vic. Nah man. I mentioned I'm not brand loyal. I ride proud on a great bike. Not the brand. Don't get it twisted.
I don't have any brand loyalty either - wont even wear clothes that show off theirs. But letting folks know that your bike is a Victory, isw now more a political thing these days. If you get my drift. But to each his own.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't have any brand loyalty either - wont even wear clothes that show off theirs. But letting folks know that your bike is a Victory, isw now more a political thing these days. If you get my drift. But to each his own.

Totally understand where you are coming but I stand on not advertising anything Polaris at this point in time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am debadging literally everything from the bag hinge to the cover on my radio.
Let me know if you find some debadged bag hinges.I been looking for those since I got my XC.Tank badge was removed to pinstripe the tank and looks great.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts