Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello all - thanks in advance for taking some time to check out my listing on eBay for The Victory Motorcycle book. I posted several pictures there for those who are curious as to its contents. Apologies for the high price but this is what I am seeing on other sites such as Amazon. I have owned and stored the book since published, it was given out by Polaris at a company meeting back in 1998. Please send any questions you may have to me thru eBay.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
I bought a copy of the book (in excellent condition) for 39 bucks several months ago. My jaw dropped when I opened the link to that ebay ad. Good grief.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
I bought a copy of the book (in excellent condition) for 39 bucks several months ago. My jaw dropped when I opened the link to that ebay ad. Good grief.
Yeah bought mine off Amazon and got it shipped to Australia as well for under $50.
Good luck getting that for it......
At $529 Aust. Plus shipping you'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

It is a great book full of interesting facts for us Victory owners.
What do you ride noHD4me?

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
I wouldn't give a $1 for it. Cool the guy signed up just to hawk his way overpriced book.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
I wouldn't give a $1 for it. Cool the guy signed up just to hawk his way overpriced book.
Surreptitiously Purloining American Motorcyclists?

Reactions: broggyr

·
Registered
538 Posts
SPAM or not, i always found spending more than $20 on any book was ridiculous.. $200 for a text book for any of my college courses was mind numbing so $400 for a bloody book about motorcycles and there are no scantly clad females nor do you get any special favors is absolutely insane. guess there is a sucker born every minute and 2 more to take his money... or a fool and his money are soon parted...
pick your phrase but the end result is still the same....

i can think of about 40 other things to spend $400 on instead of a book that will collect dust on a bookshelf...
hell that is 40 fill-ups, good for about 6400 miles.... eff that.. i'll invest in my gas tank and let some other sucker snag the book.:devil

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Please send any questions you may have to me thru eBay.
Chances are, he's not going to see any of this "constructive criticisim". :\

Reactions: vindex1963

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To get in line with the offerings on Amazon I dropped the price to $299. I'm not a bad guy, I just have 2 kids to put through college soon....

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Reactions: Speedblue

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I'm sure you're not....but you might have a little problem on your hands....

:ltr:

damn.....hurts to laugh....lol :ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Before I am burned alive by a mob of angry cartoons in Springfield can we just talk this over?

I am only conforming to the market. If the book was offered on Amazon for $99 I would try to sell mine at that level.

Let's say you bought your Victory a decade ago for $10,000 and now need to raise some cash. By a stroke of luck the bike you purchased is a very rare model that is currently in high demand - worth $50,000. All other bikes made that year are worth only $5000. Would you offer to sell yours for $5000 because that is what seems reasonable? No, you would try to get the fair market value - $50,000.

I agree that $300 is an absurd price for a $15 paperback but so is millions of dollars for a color block painting a small child could create.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Wait a couple of months and the Vitcory book will be back down to the $25 I paid for it a couple months ago. Another great book for Victory fans is: How It Happens At The Motorcycle Plant. It's still widely available for $20.00 and is a great read.

I wish you no luck what so ever on your auction. Anything over $35 is simply insane. Reminds me of the 'people' who go to WalMart every morning to try and buy a $8 box of ammo only to put it online at $30 that same day.

I bought a Victory accessory today at 50% off MSRP and a t-shirt for 30% off MSRP because, well, that's about where the market is at many dealers now. And yet you try to get hundreds for a $20 book.

It's sad what you're trying to justify. Sorry, no sale, no patience and no encouragement from me regarding your auction.

No problem at all with supply and demand and capitalism. But I do have a problem with what you're trying to rationalize.

Reactions: vindex1963

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Reminds me of the 'people' who go to WalMart every morning to try and buy a $8 box of ammo only to put it online at $30 that same day.
Ok a bit off toppic, but are you sihtning me?? People actually do that?

Amazing...

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Ok a bit off toppic, but are you sihtning me?? People actually do that?

Amazing...

Andre
TaPaTaLk
Yup....people were going in and cleaning house during the ammo shortage and then posting directly online for a highly marked up price. Unfortunately, people were paying for it. People were hording it. I went months without seeing a box of .22LR or 9mm. I was going to the range twice a week. I have not been but maybe once last year. Could not get back into the habit and then I bought my bike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chattanooga Mark

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
Yup....people were going in and cleaning house during the ammo shortage and then posting directly online for a highly marked up price. Unfortunately, people were paying for it. People were hording it. I went months without seeing a box of .22LR or 9mm. I was going to the range twice a week. I have not been but maybe once last year. Could not get back into the habit and then I bought my bike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Sounds like the common man adopted the system of any average ( big or small ) fabrication company , I love my 2 vics but the bolts & nuts and many other stuff like clutch plates etc are WAY under the norm of Japanese bikes, maybe they just followed and tried to beat HD only, .... I blew my fork seals in the first year...

Andre
TaPaTaLk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts