Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any of you that have CB's, was that a factory option or aftermarket? If aftermarket, what kind and just how in the world did you get it installed? Where is it mounted in other words and how do you transmit? Do you have a push to talk button arrangement or voice activated? Details would be great if it's not something I can add as an option from the dealer I end up buying from.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My club is a mix of CB and other coms systems, my chapter uses CB.
I have the Victory CB system on my XCT, the victory headset was junk though. I was always having issues until I replaced that.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
For any of you that have CB's, was that a factory option or aftermarket? If aftermarket, what kind and just how in the world did you get it installed? Where is it mounted in other words and how do you transmit? Do you have a push to talk button arrangement or voice activated? Details would be great if it's not something I can add as an option from the dealer I end up buying from.
Details about your bike would be great too,so we can better help you.
Mine is a J&M handlebar mounted unit with a PTT (push to talk) lever. Everything is in the unit, no big box to have to hide somewhere. I zip tied the headset connector to the handlebar so the cord doesn't touch the tank and mar it. If you know which end of a screwdriver is the handle, then you can install a J&M CB yourself.
You'll note extenders under the unit - those are not needed cuz a longer bracket is furnished now.
OK, how about that signature telling us about your bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I don't have a Victory yet. I'm in the research phase. So I'm trying to address everything I can think of that will allow me to switch from a Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic to a Cross Country Tour or Vision. Which is why no sig. Just not there yet. So far it's looking like everything I'm used to I will have or can get though.

It's time for a new bike and I'm committed to look at everything possible this time and not just buy another Harley. That's hard because I know what they are so well and they fit me perfectly with everything I need at my finger tips.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Have you test rode one yet? If not, when you do, you will forget about Harley - there ain't no comparison IMO. If you are tall, Vics have much more room. Almost 5 inches of suspension travel front AND rear. So easy to work on; one oil drain plug, oil filter at back of engine in the open, rear wheel can be removed without removing mufflers, drive belt can be changed in less than a half hour, mods are inexpensive and more effective compared to Harley. No cam chain follower or alternator/regulator problems. I passed on the 5 year extended warranty for only $400 and its a good thing, cuz I never needed it and still don't.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, haven't yet test rode one. The local dealer is putting a Cross Country Tour together now for a test of it and a Vision. But all the things you've said I've already heard. We shall see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts