Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's March 2 and the temp is -3 here in the midwest. It's been a long winter for most of us. I've done enough staring at my XC in the garage and have watched a plethora of YouTube vids about our bikes. Any tips to get me through the next couple of weeks?

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I'm ready to ride and I'm tired of this below zero crap! February was a total bust for me to ride...not one day :mad:

Got a couple days in December and one in January. Here is to positive thoughts that it will warm up soon in the Midwest.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wish i had the answer for when it will finally warm up and the cold will pass. But it doesnt seem like it will be any time soon. This winter has just SUCKED!!!!! As much as i hate to say it but im looking forward to getting some rain to get the sand and salt off the roads for safer riding.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is a little better here in northern Texas. Saturday was 75 and sunny. Sunday sleet, ice and high of 32. Now on Monday morning it is icy and 16 degrees.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I wish i had the answer for when it will finally warm up and the cold will pass. But it doesnt seem like it will be any time soon. This winter has just SUCKED!!!!! As much as i hate to say it but im looking forward to getting some rain to get the sand and salt off the roads for safer riding.
I'm with you. I couldn't care less,about snow on the lawn, as long the temp reaches 30 and roads are clear , I'll take her out.

·
Registered
881 Posts
It was in the 60s here yesterday so I was able to ride b a little over a hundred miles would have liked it to be longer bout had stuff to do at home and today raining and turning cold again what a bummer

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Rode yesterday with a group from Rome, GA up to Cloudland Canyon, Down through Ft Payne, AL and Little River Canyon, back to Rome for a cookout. Very nice ride in very nice weather. How fortunate I am that I left New England 25 years ago. I prolly missed 100 feet of snow. cheers

·
Registered
243 Posts
not sure how you guys do it.............

I'm pretty spoiled, It has to be at least in the 50's for me to get on the bike. It was a beautiful day yesterday here in Alabama, was able to get a 3 hour ride in.

·
Registered
304 Posts
- 32 C with windchill this A.M. - been as low as - 40 C over the last week - not supposed to end till maybe next week - then it's up a little. Normal temps for this time of year + 5's C ish and above. Officially, this year has been a pile of crap!!!! New bike in garage 3 km on it and that may be the High Mileage of the year!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I feel all of your pain. My riding season ended in very early Oct due to a broken right arm. Now to add insult to injury...just recently had an MRI and found out that my rotator cuff is completely torn and need surgery...3+ month recovery and i have to wait for approval from workman's comp...ugh! So my riding season may not even start until June or July depending on surgery date.

Looking at my bike in the garage since Oct has been brutal and the bike is about to get a lot dustier I'm afraid :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I totally feel your pain, I'm not too far from you in St. Louis and its just crazy cold here. One positive thing is that, its March and this can't possibly last that much longer. I have a bet with a buddy that we will be riding by the end of this month. I just can't . watch another Tail of the Dragon video, order another part, check my riding gear or wipe the bike down again without being admitted to a mental institution! Hang in there, spring starts in 16 days!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I totally feel your pain, I'm not too far from you in St. Louis and its just crazy cold here. One positive thing is that, its March and this can't possibly last that much longer. I have a bet with a buddy that we will be riding by the end of this month. I just can't . watch another Tail of the Dragon video, order another part, check my riding gear or wipe the bike down again without being admitted to a mental institution! Hang in there, spring starts in 16 days!
I was in St Louis for a mini vacation last summer. Loved it! I hope you're right about riding on the last week of March!! Pretty soon we will be bitchin' about the heat!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I feel all of your pain. My riding season ended in very early Oct due to a broken right arm. Now to add insult to injury...just recently had an MRI and found out that my rotator cuff is completely torn and need surgery...3+ month recovery and i have to wait for approval from workman's comp...ugh! So my riding season may not even start until June or July depending on surgery date.

Looking at my bike in the garage since Oct has been brutal and the bike is about to get a lot dustier I'm afraid :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Many people have torn rotator cuffs and don't even know it. if the pain was tolerable I'd probably wait till next winter to have the surgery. Talk to your surgeon and get his opinion, but i would wait if i could. My wife is a nurse and she waited almost 8 months from the time she tore it till when she had the surgery. Pm me if you have any questions, i've done rehab on many a rotator cuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts