Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my bike tear down today. i have decided to fab up two sets of bars, a luggage rack, as well as an air intake. I am also planning on painting a HEAP of stuff, as well as tinting my headlight and taillight. on the paint end i am looking at painting my "cheese wedges" but can't seem to see how they come off, wondering if anyone has any idea, i'm also looking at painting the "freedom V-twin" emblem on the primary but not sure how to get that off either, also do i need to take my tank off to remove the stock air box? thanks in advance.
ACE

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
I started my bike tear down today. i have decided to fab up two sets of bars, a luggage rack, as well as an air intake. I am also planning on painting a HEAP of stuff, as well as tinting my headlight and taillight. on the paint end i am looking at painting my "cheese wedges" but can't seem to see how they come off, wondering if anyone has any idea, i'm also looking at painting the "freedom V-twin" emblem on the primary but not sure how to get that off either, also do i need to take my tank off to remove the stock air box? thanks in advance.
ACE
Both the the badge mounted on the cheese wedge and the other covers are mounted using double sided adhesive foam type material. Similar to auto trim tape. Some have used strong fishing line worked back and forth between piece and what ever it is mounted to. Others have just pryed them off very carefully. And some have used liquids like wd-40 or goo gone. Just be very careful if you decide to use chemicals.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both the the badge mounted on the cheese wedge and the other covers are mounted using double sided adhesive foam type material. Similar to auto trim tape. Some have used strong fishing line worked back and forth between piece and what ever it is mounted to. Others have just pryed them off very carefully. And some have used liquids like wd-40 or goo gone. Just be very careful if you decide to use chemicals.

Good luck to you.
so the plastic cover is mounted to the steel plate behind it with double sided tape?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
If you are talking about the plastic piece mounted ON the cheese wedge then as Noe said it is just double sided tape. If you are talking the whole wedge just pull it off. Its mounted by some thinga ma jigs that you just push it back on.

The primary cover plastic is double sided tape also.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are talking about the plastic piece mounted ON the cheese wedge then as Noe said it is just double sided tape. If you are talking the whole wedge just pull it off. Its mounted by some thinga ma jigs that you just push it back on.

The primary cover plastic is double sided tape also.
alrighty well thanks again guys anyone know about the gas tank? do i have to take it off to remove the stock air box? if i do whats the best way to drain the fuel out of it?

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
alrighty well thanks again guys anyone know about the gas tank? do i have to take it off to remove the stock air box? if i do whats the best way to drain the fuel out of it?
Yes...to remove the stock airbox, you do have to remove the fuel tank. Instructions should be provided with what ever aftermarket intake you decide to go with.

As for the fuel in the tank, I would ride it till the fuel light comes on and maybe an extra 20 miles. This way you don't have to fool with removing fuel and later having to refill.
Then when your completed....you prolly still have enough fuel to get you to the nrearest gas station.

Good Luck....you can do it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.