Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question; you know the wire pillion hand grip under the pillion seat cowl- mine stops my seat cowl from sitting flush so I was thinking I might get rid of it.
So my question is has anyone removed theirs, and if so did you just cut it and pull it through and out? Or do you have to remove the seat?

Thanks guys thumb up

·
Registered
851 Posts
I took my seat off and removed the two bolts holding it on. However, if you stick it through the seat when you put the seat on and then stuff it back down it won't interfere with the seat sitting flush either. That way it is there is you want it. Honestly though my wife never wanted to use it anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took my seat off and removed the two bolts holding it on. However, if you stick it through the seat when you put the seat on and then stuff it back down it won't interfere with the seat sitting flush either. That way it is there is you want it. Honestly though my wife never wanted to use it anyway.
What do you mean "stick it through the seat"?

Yeah same with my wife too- she just hangs on to me. It seems a bit pointless being there really.

Thanks Goatlocker.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The Strap

Mounts on two bolts under the seat

And sticks up through the slit in the middle of the seat

So if you run the stap up through the slit in the seat when you install the seat you keep it from binding up under the seat. Then once the seat is installed you can stuff the strap back through the slit so it is out of the way.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The Strap

Mounts on two bolts under the seat

And sticks up through the slit in the middle of the seat

So if you run the stap up through the slit in the seat when you install the seat you keep it from binding up under the seat. Then once the seat is installed you can stuff the strap back through the slit so it is out of the way.
Sorry man, I should have realised that you have a XR- the seats dont have a hole on the hammers, and the wire hand grip is 2 cables going around and under the seat with a small patch for a hand to grip on the topside- totally different to a XC or XR.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Sorry man, I should have realised that you have a XC- the seats dont have a hole on the hammers, and the wire hand grip is 2 cables going around and under the seat with a small patch for a hand to grip on the topside- totally different to a XC.
Ah crap, my apologies, I should've looked closer at which forum it was posted in :eek: That's the problem with using the "New Post" function.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah crap, my apologies, I should've looked closer at which forum it was posted in :eek: That's the problem with using the "New Post" function.
haha...no worries- thanks anyway thumb up

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's very easy to remove, don't cut it. Just remove the 3 seat bolts and take the seat off . Then remove the brackets (8 screws) that hold the wire grip and the wire/cables will come right out. Replace the brackets and reinstall the seat. It is useless as a hand hold for the passenger.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Its useless as a passenger set too ... :D

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's very easy to remove, don't cut it. Just remove the 3 seat bolts and take the seat off . Then remove the brackets (8 screws) that hold the wire grip and the wire/cables will come right out. Replace the brackets and reinstall the seat. It is useless as a hand hold for the passenger.
Yeah that's as I suspected- thanks Throttle.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
318 Posts
Its useless as a passenger set too ... :D
Got that right...unless you are single, at a bar, pick up a chick and need to "transport" her then it has some use if you can deal with the dilemma as to where to put the damn cowling. I guess if she is hot enough, you just throw the cowl in the grass and say Adios to it....cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Excellent point , and yes if need be , throw the cowl in the trash !thumb up:ltr:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts