Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Lloyd's cams installed today/tonight, twice! Got her all buttoned up and started and wouldn't ya know my luck 180 out. Pulled it back apart and redo! 2nd time seems much easier. RPW swepts will be here tomorrow!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
115 hp/ 122 lbs. torque

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
115 hp/ 122 lbs. torque
Those are quite respectable numbers for a Vegas. I bet you can easily bring the front end up or spin the back tire at will.

Keep an extra belt or two around. Methinks you will be needing them unless you switch over to a chain which I think would be a good idea for your bike. More maintenance but won't let you down right in the middle of a good strong pull.

I think the belt is supposed to be good for up to 120/120 hp/tq. I suppose if you don't drop the hammer down all at once; your belt may last a while.

·
Registered
25 Posts
115 hp/ 122 lbs. torque
Awesome!! That's my next project.....when I can put some $$$ back without the Mrs. getting too upset...uh, or knowing..lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome!! That's my next project.....when I can put some $$$ back without the Mrs. getting too upset...uh, or knowing..lol.
I was married once! I know exactly what you mean! BBob, my back tire doesn't stand a chance! Haha

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Those are quite respectable numbers for a Vegas. I bet you can easily bring the front end up or spin the back tire at will.

Keep an extra belt or two around. Methinks you will be needing them unless you switch over to a chain which I think would be a good idea for your bike. More maintenance but won't let you down right in the middle of a good strong pull.

I think the belt is supposed to be good for up to 120/120 hp/tq. I suppose if you don't drop the hammer down all at once; your belt may last a while.
I am still running the OEM belt drive and have had no trouble. I have 2500 miles on my Highball and believe me, there are MANY 'strong' pulls on it during that time. I am running 9lbs boost on it but have never had it dyno'd so can't tell you what numbers I am getting. I would guess somewhere in the 140-150 range at the wheel.
I recommend you put the chain conversion money into more sweet upgrades!cheers

·
Registered
118 Posts
that is awesome numbers!

How does it ride now? Have you done any drags with it? curious to know what the quarter mile time would be on something like that.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
that is awesome numbers!

How does it ride now? Have you done any drags with it? curious to know what the quarter mile time would be on something like that.
Sad to say I have nothing to qualify all that power... no dyno sheets, no 1/4 mile times... nothing (well, except for the huge grin on my face!). I am coming to the conclusion that I work too much.

You can go to my Youtube page (in my sig.) and watch a pull from 10mph to 100mph that doesn't seem to take much time. I know that the bike is doing better than that now that I have the boost controller in and dialed at 9lbs.

I am hoping to be able to post some real numbers this summer but don't like to speculate so will have to wait for the data. My guess at the current HP is based on the dyno sheet on Trask's website and thats only a 100cu/in running a little less boost than I am.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sad to say I have nothing to qualify all that power... no dyno sheets, no 1/4 mile times... nothing (well, except for the huge grin on my face!). I am coming to the conclusion that I work too much.

You can go to my Youtube page (in my sig.) and watch a pull from 10mph to 100mph that doesn't seem to take much time. I know that the bike is doing better than that now that I have the boost controller in and dialed at 9lbs.

I am hoping to be able to post some real numbers this summer but don't like to speculate so will have to wait for the data. My guess at the current HP is based on the dyno sheet on Trask's website and thats only a 100cu/in running a little less boost than I am.
Music is ok.. but would like to hear more of it running instead

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice numbers, but be careful what you wish for. I ride a 1979 HD, just 80" motor and it makes over 80RWHP. I have a buddy who builds 142" shovelheads making 150RWHP on 87 octane pump gas. That ain't no "sally" bike :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice numbers, but be careful what you wish for. I ride a 1979 HD, just 80" motor and it makes over 80RWHP. I have a buddy who builds 142" shovelheads making 150RWHP on 87 octane pump gas. That ain't no "sally" bike :)
Neither is a V-Rod with the same mods.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yup, v-rods are about the only thing so far that I have "issues" with! cheers

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Dyno numbers are in.

I am still running the OEM belt drive and have had no trouble. I have 2500 miles on my Highball and believe me, there are MANY 'strong' pulls on it during that time. I am running 9lbs boost on it but have never had it dyno'd so can't tell you what numbers I am getting. I would guess somewhere in the 140-150 range at the wheel.
I recommend you put the chain conversion money into more sweet upgrades! cheers
I was down to Arizona Bike Week in April and had Trask Performance dyno my Highball (they designed the turbo kit). The bike is 145 HP and 144 ft/lbs torque. Over 7000 miles on it now and still no issues with the belt.

One thing to mention though is that both the power curve and the torque curve are very linear as the bike revs through the RPM range. All that power does not hit the wheel all at the same time like it would with a built motor or nitrous which may be easier on the belt.:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts