Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been 3.5 months since I've even seen my XC. Its been stored for the winter, so I guess I've forgotten what its like. The title is an epiphany I had today at the huge Mom's South Winter Bash event. I would estimate there was ~500-600 bikes of ALL types, new and used for sale. I was on just about everything, especially comparing the Chieftain and XC side by side. As good as the Chieftain is, it doesn't feel like a Cross Country. I've changed my mind about trading/selling the XC as soon as its paid-off, I guess I don't want to be paying for lesser of a bike anytime soon.... Yea, I feel more depressed after today than ever over the loss of Victory, what a damn shame....
If there is ever an award for most underrated motorcycle ever build its going to our Cross Country.

Sorry @broggyr I know you had to listen to me whine about for 2 hours on the way home :|

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
It was a good time tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep..I see the look on my face, its saying; "nice but...not as nice"

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I have to disagree about the XC being the best bike out there, the XR is just slightly better as most everybody knows! As mad as I am at Polaris I have to admit those Indians are some good looking bikes.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Dang, those Indian Roadmasters are beautiful. A friend and riding buddy there in central FL just bought a lightly used Roadmaster in the red and cream color. I'm both jealous that he has it not me and proud to ride with him on my beautiful XCT and be in the presence of that beautiful Indian.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to disagree about the XC being the best bike out there, the XR is just slightly better as most everybody knows! As mad as I am at Polaris I have to admit those Indians are some good looking bikes.
I consider the XC and XR as one, sans a fairing.

Reactions: adamnorthup

·
Registered
176 Posts
A friend of mine has one and I rode it last year and it was a nice bike but I would not trade him for my cct. I felt just as cramped on it as I did on my last Harley and that is one of the big reasons I bought a Victory.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
That place is huge!
I could NOT believe the warehouse of bikes they have. I was there once before but I hadn't been in back; I hadn't even KNOWN there was a back. It was like an ocean of bikes, seemed endless. It was simply amazing.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I guess that I am an oddity, but I think the Indian is FUGLY! Between that and the price, I won't even consider one. However, I would like to move the Vegas and pick up an XC to go with my XR. I think Sunset Nuclear Orange would be nice. Will just have to see how it plays out....

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
I guess that I am an oddity, but I think the Indian is FUGLY! Between that and the price, I won't even consider one. However, I would like to move the Vegas and pick up an XC to go with my XR. I think Sunset Nuclear Orange would be nice. Will just have to see how it plays out....
I'm with you on that one mate..that Indian is downright UGLY!....Only a mother could love it!

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got a thing for white motorcycles it seems..... I was really feeling depressed and wasn't 100% myself and I actually neglected to get a pic of it :rolleyes: but my favorite bike in the whole place was the fully loaded 2017 Pearl White Victory Magnum X1

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
I'm with you on that one mate..that Indian is downright UGLY!....Only a mother could love it!

I've been called a mother before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I consider the XC and XR as one, sans a fairing.
I do as well (because they are the same bike), just having a little fun.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've had people tell me the XC is ugly but I don't care. It's how it rides that matters to me. If it's American, comfortable, smooth and powerful, I'm good. As for HD comfort, I have an EG and though I've had to alter the seat and add extended foot controls, it's just as good as the XC.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Supposedly Harley added 8 inches to there new Touring bikes. i still wont buy one, but maybe Indian will do the same.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I've got a thing for white motorcycles it seems..... I was really feeling depressed and wasn't 100% myself and I actually neglected to get a pic of it :rolleyes: but my favorite bike in the whole place was the fully loaded 2017 Pearl White Victory Magnum X1
My buddy just got one of those. I like my 2011 Pearl white and Silver, but that Magnum is beautiful.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There was a professional videographer running around the show....I tried to find something with the Vics that was posted this is as close as I could find.....I do see a white XC at the very end ;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
I clearly remember the first time I saw a Victory CCT in person. It was white. It was the summer of 2013. I was traveling east on Utah Rte 50 a few miles west of Delta on an adventure class bike. I crossed paths with an oncoming bike headed west. At 40 mph from a distance I spotted the distinctive eye-catching fairing and diamond shape headlight. I nearly broke my neck as I contorted my riding position to look at the bike and rider position as we met, and watched it pass by me in the opposite direction. In that instant the Victory bike struck a chord with me. The Victory bug sunk its teeth deeply into my veins. The seed was planted. A year later I had a opportunity to test-fit the bike. I threw a leg over and instantly knew I was home. The ergonomics of the bike fit like a tailor made glove. So damn comfortable. Three years later my heart races every time I climb aboard. And underway . . . poetry in motion - at any speed. What a shame.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I agree as well, for me I think it's the fenders. But definitely not near as much leg room either.

Love Pearl White as well, just ordered a 21" Wheel kit from Witchdoctors with the Magnum Contrast wheel. Now the waiting begins, UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts