Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I purchased my bike I have felt that the thermometer is not correct. Does anyone else feel the same way? Is there a fix?

I own a 2012 cross country touring

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Mine seems fairly accuate, maybe 1 or 2 degrees off..Whats yours..:)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Like Weeds, mine is always about one degree off from the temp displays at local bank signs, etc. 2012 XCT, BTW.

Keep in mind that this will show the heat off the road, not the official weather bureau temp (which is a shade temp). For instance, riding yesterday -- while moving along, not stopped -- my temp gauge got up to 96, while the official high around here was 90, and it was maybe 88 at the time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh that makes sense. I was expecting it to ready outside temp not road temp that explains why it's 5-10 degrees off sometimes

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Once im rolling down the road it reads close, not 5-10 degrees off..:)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Oh that makes sense. I was expecting it to ready outside temp not road temp that explains why it's 5-10 degrees off sometimes
Yep, if it's cooler out -- and the blacktop, etc., is not acting like a giant heat sink, and radiating that heat back upward big time -- the underneath-the-fairing temp sensor will be closer to the weather-bureau readings.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Where the sensor is located will explain delta between free air temp and other temperature numbers you see.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The temperature sensor is located inside the fairing near the power outlet. Its the little black thing with the ring lug on the end of it. My temperature was always way off. This could have something to do amp being inside of the fairing and building up heat. I moved mine to under the fairing around the neck. It reads pretty accurately now.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
The temperature sensor is located inside the fairing near the power outlet. Its the little black thing with the ring lug on the end of it. My temperature was always way off. This could have something to do amp being inside of the fairing and building up heat. I moved mine to under the fairing around the neck. It reads pretty accurately now.
Good info, thanks.........:)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
That's an interesting point. I don't do tunes when I ride. I'm not sure whether that eliminates electricity to the amp -- I have "VICTORY" displayed in the panel -- but it certainly doesn't add any.

·
13,002 Posts
I found mine be hind the vision mirror. I pulled it out and ran it down below into the open air. Checked it with six smart phones and now its right on. Bank clock are off and some are way off. Here is what your looking for.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I found mine be hind the vision mirror. I pulled it out and ran it down below into the open air. Checked it with six smart phones and now its right on. Bank clock are off and some are way off. Here is what your looking for.
I should of said that I also use my phone with a weather app, that updates per county as we travel, like I said fairly accurate while moving, but I could be wrong, who the hell knows...:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts