Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on the Harley Davidson advisory panel since 09 and they send out a survey e-mail every month about to ask questions about things they are doing or going to do to the bikes or accessories. There around 2200 members on the panel across the country. Every now and then they ask if I still own my 05 FXSTI and I have answered several times no since I traded in the POS on my Gunner last year. Well I got a e-mail yesterday that my services will no longer be needed on the panel. It seems to me they could use the input from a 10 year Harley owner that has switched to Victory to see how they could improve their product to keep riders buying Harleys. Oh well now I am completely divorced from HD. thumb up

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ah to hell with them.. Thier loss..thumb up

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
10 year Harley owner
Ummm! A POS huh? Never owned one and never had one bike for a decade. I'm thinking I would know whether or not it was a POS before having it that long. :p

It has been my experience after having now owned 5 different bikes(a one bike man) in less than 4 years that they all have some good qualities. Same as ALL the women I'ved loved!

With that said, I do hope that one day I could own a Harley. I do understand from all that I've read that I will need new tools, plenty of oil, new vest, new tats, and HD koolaid. cheersthumb up

·
Registered
124 Posts
You'd think that they would see you as actually being more valuable, being a person who has switched from Harley to Victory, as you could then tell them what made you switch, ad they could use that info to better their product. Oh well! Guess they'd rather have loyalty than good customer feedback. Looks like a good group to avoid!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Being a Victory owner now, how could you possibly give them your BIASED opinions.... :ltr:

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Ummm! A POS huh? Never owned one and never had one bike for a decade. I'm thinking I would know whether or not it was a POS before having it that long. :p

It has been my experience after having now owned 5 different bikes(a one bike man) in less than 4 years that they all have some good qualities. Same as ALL the women I'ved loved!

With that said, I do hope that one day I could own a Harley. I do understand from all that I've read that I will need new tools, plenty of oil, new vest, new tats, and HD koolaid. cheersthumb up
Man I rode the same bike almost two decades. 5 bikes in 4 years makes it sould like they didn't have any good qualities.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts

Sometimes you don't know you have a POS...until you don't. ;)

It's kind of like being healthy of not. You never know or realize how bad you feel...until you don't. I just becomes...this is how I feel...must be normal so I feel fine.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Man I rode the same bike almost two decades. 5 bikes in 4 years makes it sould like they didn't have any good qualities.
I like riding various things with good qualities. :ltr:

I'm sticking with the vegas for a long time... maybe not 2 decades. I'll be old as you then and be floating 2 feet off the ground when riding 2035. thumb up

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

I'm sticking with the vegas for a long time... maybe not 2 decades. I'll be old as you then and be floating 2 feet off the ground when riding 2035. thumb up
riding at 2035 ... holy crap that just hit me HARD .... I'll be 88 yrs old .... probably the only riding I'll be doing is a rocking chair!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
riding at 2035 ... holy crap that just hit me HARD .... I'll be 88 yrs old .... probably the only riding I'll be doing is a rocking chair!
I'll be 76 and just getting started!

Man! You mount your bike, plug the USB end into the back of your head, the other end is connected to your helmet/controller.

Next, you think where you want to go and at what speed and zoom! Your floating along... after about 15 mins., you tell your bike you want to snooze and auto biker dude takes over and wakes you up when you tell it a time. cheers

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts

I'll be 76 and just getting started!

Man! You mount your bike, plug the USB end into the back of your head, the other end is connected to your helmet/controller.

Next, you think where you want to go and at what speed and zoom! Your floating along... after about 15 mins., you tell your bike you want to snooze and auto biker dude takes over and wakes you up when you tell it a time. cheers
I'll be 72 you old man :D :) and still riding!!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I'll be 72 you old man :D :) and still riding!!
Glen C keeps throwing me off vin... :D

When I'm old as RIC, I want to look like Sean Connery... cool looking old dude. Of course I'm sure he has false teeth, hairpiece, several tucks, and makeup.

Kenny Rogers has really screwed up his face with plastic surgery. They get their faces tightened to the point they look like a different person.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Glen C keeps throwing me off vin... :D

When I'm old as RIC, I want to look like Sean Connery... cool looking old dude. Of course I'm sure he has false teeth, hairpiece, several tucks, and makeup.

Kenny Rogers has really screwed up his face with plastic surgery. They get their faces tightened to the point they look like a different person.
Kenny Rogers looks like his Grandma. :ltr:

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I have been on the Harley Davidson advisory panel since 09 and they send out a survey e-mail every month about to ask questions about things they are doing or going to do to the bikes or accessories. There around 2200 members on the panel across the country. Every now and then they ask if I still own my 05 FXSTI and I have answered several times no since I traded in the POS on my Gunner last year. Well I got a e-mail yesterday that my services will no longer be needed on the panel. It seems to me they could use the input from a 10 year Harley owner that has switched to Victory to see how they could improve their product to keep riders buying Harleys. Oh well now I am completely divorced from HD. thumb up
LOL,
That is funny and congratulations on the divorce. Got rid of the Ol bitch, No lawyer fees, no child support, the kids don't hate you and you got a better younger ride. Does it get better than that?
Can you blame the relatives for being upset? :ltr:
At the end I hated my Ultra. It was the most disappointing bike I ever owned. Just a place to throw time and money at with little satisfaction in return.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well, Loyalty is what got HD through the rough years. Indian couldn't pull through back in the day and AMF pulled them through the late 70's. They have gotten more reliable with the evo though.
Keep wrenching on that Ford.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey just because you're 70 something doesn't mean you cant ride anymore. My old boss is 75 and still rides. Plus I was @ the dealer picking up an oil change kit and saw they had an Indian Trike. Wow was that thing beautiful. Black lots of chrome, wire wheels and white walls. If I make it to 70 I'll definitely consider a trike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts