Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking at possibly purchasing an 05 Kingpin that has 25,000 miles and a few aftermarket upgrades. The bike looks like it has been taken care of and has had Amsoil used for oil changes. What should I look for specifically to help ensure that I am not buying a bike with problems. The asking price is $6100. Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
As good as Amsoil is, in some Vics it cause clutch slippage. The clutch is something I would be wary of.

Look for possible accident damage. The main place to check is the neck. See if the plates have cracks. If they do, don't buy it.

If the bike was taken care of mechanically it should be fine. They are pretty much bullet proof.

·
Registered
243 Posts
all good replies, if you happen to have a Vic dlr. close by ask the owner about having the dlr check it over try negoatiating the $ could be the best $ youll spend, also ask the owner for all previous service records, if he has them, may not if he has done the work himself, altho he should of at least kept some sort of record. imo

steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts