Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding a 07 GSXR 1000 for years now and I recently had to sell it to get braces for my son....sad f'n day.

I'd like to get another but when I rode that I would routinely hit 100+ and that was frequently on the rear wheel only.

I'm 42 and it's time to slow down. There's no way in hell I'm ever gonna own a Harley and as I've been looking around I found a 2013 Hammer and HOLY SH!T it's good looking!

I love the single seat with the cowl but the little lady wants a backrest. Is there any easy answers here? I wouldn't mind putting the factory seat off and putting something with a backrest on when she wants to ride if I could do it in less then 5 minutes.

Anyone have some ideas/suggestions?

·
Registered
403 Posts
There are several seats for the Hammer that have a backrest. Victory offers their own touring seat and I know mustang sells one as well. There isn't a touring seat that will allow you to retain the cowl. You could however have something custom done that would allow you to retain it if you wanted.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Other than the braces part our stories are very similar, I left years of sport bikes for a Hammer and haven't been happier. Sure I miss my zx6r carving up the twisties but the Hammer was a good compromise for me...

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I've been riding a 07 GSXR 1000 for years now and I recently had to sell it to get braces for my son....sad f'n day.

I'd like to get another but when I rode that I would routinely hit 100+ and that was frequently on the rear wheel only.

I'm 42 and it's time to slow down. There's no way in hell I'm ever gonna own a Harley and as I've been looking around I found a 2013 Hammer and HOLY SH!T it's good looking!

I love the single seat with the cowl but the little lady wants a backrest. Is there any easy answers here? I wouldn't mind putting the factory seat off and putting something with a backrest on when she wants to ride if I could do it in less then 5 minutes.

Anyone have some ideas/suggestions?
I have the Victory Touring seat, I have mastered the on/ off/ on, in about 6-7 minutes... I have done the swap about 20 times so far, not that bad. It has a backrest, and is very comfy for driver and most importantly the O/L. I also believe after a few posts under your belt, you can then post in the Hammer forum and others... Hope this helps. Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's GREAT to hear. More often then not I'll be riding by myself and I LOVE the look of the bike with the rear cowl on!!! At the same time we like to ride together as long as she has a backrest. So I'm not opposed to spending a few minutes putting a different seat on for when we ride together.

Any chance you'd throw up some pics/a how to swap the seat?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
That's GREAT to hear. More often then not I'll be riding by myself and I LOVE the look of the bike with the rear cowl on!!! At the same time we like to ride together as long as she has a backrest. So I'm not opposed to spending a few minutes putting a different seat on for when we ride together.

Sure , I will post them tomorrow, to dark to get good pics now... Stay Tuned !thumb up

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
hammers look great but!

i was hot for a hammer as well until i rode one a beautiful like new 08, good suspension, dual discs not on newer models and the square rear tire, i am thinkin maybe a crossroads that has dual disc's and a 180 in back thats gotta handle much better, maybe the 14's out in aug will loose that square tire only need another disc then, i can hope!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts

Victory Touring Seat

Bolts rear and front left ...

Right rear and right front bolts...

Remove these 4 bolts with a 1/4"drive ratchet and a 13 mm short socket , use the 5mm Allen wrench to install the factory seat...

Bike with seat removed...

These are the left and right factory bolts ,rear bolt stays in seat...

Let me know if you need any more...cheers

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Did any of you drill out the wrong hole, and drill out the threads that the stock seat bolts onto???

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I didn't thank God, I would have cried like a baby ....:ltr:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well really thats kinda hard to do. The 2 back holes/towards tail light, are already there. They have rubber stops in them, you only need to drill them out a little bigger. Noww the front 2 theres nothing there. Thats where the 2 outside original seat holes are, but way further apart. kinda hard to mess that up since you need to drill new holes, and those are just in the wrong place. hehehehehe, but I guess anything is possible. cheers

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Yep, I should have done it like a Dr. and marked the limb I was operating on with an "X" :)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I haven't removed the touring seat since, but is the fender thick enough in that area to use a helicoil?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I haven't removed the touring seat since, but is the fender thick enough in that area to use a helicoil?
Not if you drilled it out to 3/8" that would put you into the sheet metal where its thin again... :crzy:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hey Moosehead, have you figured out a fix yet???

1 - 20 of 26 Posts