Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Joined to research the Victory Cross Country Tour. I currently ride a 2011 Suzuki VStrom 650. I am thinking of getting a more comfortable tourer and the CCT really interests me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I had a Kawasaki Versys before I got my cross roads classic. I really prefer the cross roads in every way except when it comes time to filling her up at the gas station. I think the cross country is a good choice and nice step up.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Be sure to test ride that CCT and I would suggest you also test the Vision. A V-strom is a nice light weight bike and you are moving to a heavy touring bike. The heavy bikes are no big deal over about 15 MPH but in parking lot maneuvers you will notice the added weight. These are heavy, underline heavy, touring bikes that will feel different to you.
I love my Vision and my second choice would probably be a CCT but I have been riding long haul touring bikes since about 2007. Even before that I rode fairly heavy bikes.

An after thought, heavy bikes do not do as well on dirt, gravel or poorly maintained roads. They tend to wallow rather than float across the top of soft surfaces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts