Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never had a bagger but I like that grey and flat black. My wife didn't like the idea of two bikes:). So I need to make my decision. So do the crossroads have the same torque of say my 06 jackpot with stage one? Just curious. I rode a stock one during the demo ride and it was nice but I missed the exhaust.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I have never had a bagger but I like that grey and flat black. My wife didn't like the idea of two bikes:). So I need to make my decision. So do the crossroads have the same torque of say my 06 jackpot with stage one? Just curious. I rode a stock one during the demo ride and it was nice but I missed the exhaust.
I came to the XC from Harley Dynas(Fat Bob & Switchback) with stage 1 103ci's.....The power of the stock XC feels a lot different. The 103ci pulled hard down low, then quickly flatten out. Where the HDs went flat the XC starts to really pull hard all the way to red line but has less low rpm grunt. I'm still getting used to the difference. Another thing is the sound, I believe my XC has stock exhaust and its really quiet, especially compared to the V&H pipes I had on the Harleys. I'm kind of on the fence about the sound. Mostly I like the quieter XC....like a sleeper with all that power and no advertisement :cool:
But there are times when I miss the rumble.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I came to the XC from Harley Dynas(Fat Bob & Switchback) with stage 1 103ci's.....The power of the stock XC feels a lot different. The 103ci pulled hard down low, then quickly flatten out. Where the HDs went flat the XC starts to really pull hard all the way to red line but has less low rpm grunt. I'm still getting used to the difference. Another thing is the sound, I believe my XC has stock exhaust and its really quiet, especially compared to the V&H pipes I had on the Harleys. I'm kind of on the fence about the sound. Mostly I like the quieter XC....like a sleeper with all that power and no advertisement :cool:
But there are times when I miss the rumble.

OK thanks for info. I think I want to have the rumble. I am going to see if I can find a good deal on one and see what they will give me for my trade.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I sold my 07 JP so i could get my XC. i miss the JP, but for comfort with the wife on board, you cant beat a cross bike. granted my wife is 6'2", but its still better

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
After falling in love with the Freedom engine now I want to get rid of my HD Sportster Iron 883 and get another Victory as my daily rider. I use the XC only on weekends and when going out with the GF. The Iron 883 is my daily commuting vehicle but now I will like to get a Vegas, JP or Hammer with the 106 Freedom engine.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The tour bikes have different cams. More for touring. That said you can change cams. I bought my 12 XC while I had my 07 Anerican Ironhorse band era chopper with S&S 100" with 99hp/99tor. That bike pulled hard, but the XC is great! I put 4,00 miles on the XC and only 1000 on the Ironhorse. Always wanted to take the XC. New pipes and air cleaner and flashed it. Love to ride it everyday. Sold the Ironhorse. Planning a visit to Lloydz next winter.

Aequitas Veritas 2012 XC, imperial blue, Ness mitered bars, D&D exhaust, Ness deep cut grips-pegs-mirrors-gas cap, Hot Vic custom seat, Hot Vic 21" front wheel kit, custom flame paint, Vicbagger imperial blue contrast cut speaker grills

1 - 6 of 6 Posts