Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
New member here. I currently own a 2007 Vegas Premium I've had sine 2009. I also own a Suzuki M109R. Now that I'm getting older I'm wanting a touring bike. I've always liked the looks of the Vision but since Victory is out of business I have concerns. I have concerns about parts availability and repairs if anything major were to happen that I could not repair myself. I'm also wondering about the value of the bike down the road. I tend to keep my cars and bikes for a long time so I guess I'm not so much concerned about resale value as I am ending up with a bike I can't get parts for that may also have no value at all down the road. I may already be in that situation with my Vegas. I'm hoping to get some thoughts and opinions on the subject as well as possible suggestions on other touring bikes.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Elmvale ON Canada....you've come to the right place for thoughts, opinions and humour!!!

Post some pics...

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
348 Posts
Being an owner of a Vision I will pipe in here and say I dont think worrying about parts availability is necessary. these bikes can go 100,000mi without ever needing any parts other than a belt, tires, oil changes filters and light bulbs. Not many bikes out there that can attest to that.
The ride is unbeatable and in rainy weather the extra protection from the power windshield and fairings is amazing, Ive been in some really heavy rain and as long as you keep moving the airflow around the bike creates a sort of bubble and you will stay relatively dry.

·
13,185 Posts
Body parts will be hard to get. The motor and wheels and brakes are the same as the cross bikes. If you can afford it do a 2011 and up then you'll have the new tranie gears and the upgraded charging system.
Vic's don't have much resale now other then there cheap.
Don't know where you live think about flying to a place buying one and riding home.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/search/mca?query=victory+vision

·
Registered
1 Posts
Body parts will be hard to get. The motor and wheels and brakes are the same as the cross bikes. If you can afford it do a 2011 and up then you'll have the new tranie gears and the upgraded charging system.

Vic's don't have much resale now other then there cheap.

Don't know where you live think about flying to a place buying one and riding home.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/search/mca?query=victory+vision

No resale value? No body parts available ? Well then ...
Buy two, or three...
And no worries with Vision ownership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts