Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and thanks for the responses in the past. I have a 2007 Kingpin with 4K on it and am thinking of switching to a XR. I have grown to like riding and want to take longer trips.

I did a search on the forum and read some similar questions. The answers are that they are two different bikes and similar type statements. When I looked at the specs they have very similar wheel base lengths with the XR almost 100lbs heavier.

Can anyone elaborate? Thoughts?

Where is best place to sell the Kingpin if I go that way?

Thanks
John
2007 Kingpin

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention

I am 6'4" so don't know if one bike fits better than the other. I have only rode the kingpin and I think it takes a while of riding to really tell how something fits.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
693 Posts
Well, there's an XR in my stable right now and my wife has been doing some serious looking at a Kingpin and it'll be her next bike. I've ridden a KP quite a few times (was looking at one before going with the XR). If you're looking at something long haul, it sure fits the bill without being a full dresser. Very comfortable, great handling, tons of storage, etc. The main reason I went with the XR is the bags "fit" the bike. Anything aftermarket on the KP didn't work much for me asthetically. I'd put the handling and comfort of the XR above the KP, but I wouldn't say it's "leaps and bounds" (and that's only my opinion). I'm about 6-2, 215 with a 32" inseam if that helps.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
... When I looked at the specs they have very similar wheel base lengths with the XR almost 100lbs heavier.

Can anyone elaborate? Thoughts?

Thanks
John
2007 Kingpin
Have you ridden the XR yet? If not, I believe that you will be pleasantly surprised that the extra weight is not an issue or is basically un-noticable when in operation as these are extremely well balanced w/a low center of gravity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts