Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do love the wonderful adjustability of the helibars but I don't love that they are thin tubing and subject to feeling wobbly. Really hard to get used to bars that don't feel like they are solid.

I do need pullback. I need to find something that can give me plenty of close bar reach without the feeling I'm going to bend the bars riding the bike.
Any thoughts?
Pretty sure the OEM pullback bars are not an option I never see them on FB group.

·
Premium Member
13,606 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 1.25 would be an issue for my accessories I think. I know many use the helibars and I haven't read about others complaining that the bars feel wobbly. Maybe I got a bad set. ?‍♂

I don't even know how much more pullback they offer over stock. I bought them because of all the adjustability for my comfort.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still looking at options. Certainly plenty of aftermarket bars cheaper than helibars. Read about the little peg thing on controls and the set screws on the heated grips. Both of those can just drill new bars to fit.

Never done the apes thing but see a lot of people like bars with some rise to them. I'm mainly looking to get pullback but rise might be good too I dunno.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually thinking about maybe these.

I know heated grips have some screws to tap holes and controls have pins in them. Not sure what else to know with aftermarket bars.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Do let me know when you are ready to get rid of those Heli-bars!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Dang. I was hoping it was just something that felt wrong to you but might be good for me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
No need to be concerned about the locating tabs on the control mounts, a small file takes care of them. I had to do that for the HardBall.

·
13,172 Posts
IndyVictory
if bars a wobbly your bushing could be bad. If the bars are heavy go to a neoprene bushing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts