Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

This exhaust?

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  browneye 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Im new to Victorys parts, but really like the look of the swooped type pipes. My bike is an 07 vegas 8ball and is completely stock at this point.

I hate hate hate the stock exhaust on my bike. I found this exhaust on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/290758456517?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649I really like the look of it, but was wondering what you guys think?

I have no idea if this is a good price or if this exhaust has a good sound or what I will have to invest ($$$$) to get this bike tuned. I guess I should get a k&n before I have it tuned? Let me know what you guys think.. Oh, and I also would prefer to have a black exhaust to match my bike, but if this is a really good deal, I guess I could paint it? Thanks for the input!!!

#2 ·
There a decent price metricthunder.com has them for $600, screw the victory tune they do go with the lloyds vfc3 there about $260 or so on there website or look around for someone selling one. Also look on amazon for a k and n and the vented air box got mine for $70

#3 ·
So if I put on this exhaust can the victory dealer tune it? I assume it would be less than purchasing a tuner? Do I need to purchase a tuner? Why dont you recomend going to the dealer? Like I said, Im new to all this, so trying to go my best route, but Im def on a limited budget. Thanks for the reply :)

#4 ·
No go to the dealer, what i was talking about is victory can tune it but a vfc is much better even my victory dealer told me the tune isnt worth the money i think they run $150.

#5 · (Edited)
It all depends on your point of view. If you just want some better looking (to you) pipes and some more sound and never anything else, then the vic download is the easiest solution. Dealer prices are between $700 - $1000 for turnkey deal; pipes, high flow airfilter, stage 1 download, labor.

A more flexible option with slightly more power is an S&S package. For your 07, an S&S airbox and the 2005 Hammer download with pipes will be about the same money but deliver more power and get rid on the ugly stock airbox. You'll need to find a Vic dealer that also sells S&S packages.

Option #3 is as others have suggested, either a K&N filter and open cover for the stock airbox, or a different airbox (S&S or PMRT) along with the VFC III fuel controller.
This setup is slightly more cost on the front end, but will deliver the most bang for the buck in terms of power and flexibility. It allows you to make future changes (pipes, airbox, cams, engine work, etc.) and then re-tune the VFC to match the new specs. No dealer visit required unless your dealer has a good tech that knows how to use a dyno.

Now, for your choice of pipes, the swept design looks good but I've heard Kevinx on more than one occasion mention they deliver the least power. Also, of the 3 or 4 people I know that had them, they always end up dragging the end on the lower pipe on the pavement in a hard RH turn, so the pipes get bent and scraped pretty quickly.

A better option might be the Vic shotguns with a set of Thunder Monster baffles. Looks good, sounds good, and provides good power. They have been recently discontinued so you can usually find new sets either chrome or black for about $250 on ebay. Couple that with an S&S package and I think you'll be very happy.

Here's one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-VICTOR...fits=Make:Victory&hash=item257339dc9b&vxp=mtr

Good luck.

#6 ·
I have a set of victory swept pipes that I changed out for Thor pipes. I can post pics later if you like. I'm not using, I could let them go cheap

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
Newb here.. Heard the RPW 2-2 slash at the dealer I was at last week. Very impressive. My first thought was they reminded me of the Rineharts I had on my fatboy years ago, which is logical as they're both stepped-header diameter designs. I'm sold on them I think.. I've always read 2-1's were better all around for performance but there's certainly do good header design if it can bring out performance in a 2 into 2.

Hopefully before the end of 2012 I'll have a High-ball myself with the same exhaust to show off. :cheers: (after owning two Harleys..It's Vic' time for me).

#11 ·
2 cents

S&S aircleaner is the best $300 you can spend and it comes with a download purchasing this will make it easier to buy budget or used pipes from just about anyone. I am running the stage 1 victory download with my S&S and have no issues. which means I have an unused download card somewhere if you need it.

If you want a specific pipe post in the parts section with WTB and state exactly what you are looking for. Somebody is bound to have a set laying around. As for performance gain 2to1 is the way to go but most of them dont come in black and the aesthetics dont compare to the swept pipes. As for the pipes not having heat shields that is the part that gets scratched and bent first and also starts looking like crap after a year or so from new if you get caught in the rain once or twice. If you like them wrap them in black header tape and run them.

One last thing. Don't spend $1k on these upgrades thinking that will be all you ever do. the more you watch this forum the more you will want to do to the ball. have fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.