Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nobody has Tech data. Nobody aswers question's.This is a forum that needs help.I have not got 1 answer to anything I have asked. There are 2 other forums that can and will answer a question corectly.Please help this forum. I do like the format but .nothing good to say... sorry

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Electronics on 09' Vision

I asked about the gps and how you get sound over the speaker system.Yes i can make it work with blootooth. but I guess my Garmin nuvi 660 will not work and override the radio.

·
Registered
164 Posts
triple trees

i also asked if 2006 vegas triple trees would fit 2008 vegas low i seen set on ebay i did phone dealer guy in parts was not sure so i bid on them anyway and won bid so i will find out next week and will let you know it was last week when i asked on this site but i still really enjoy getting on here:)

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I thought I answered the triple trees question. Yes, they will fit.

The difference between the Vegas models and the low is that the low has been lowered, the seat is a bit over an inch lower and narrower and the side covers have been remolded to be narrower.

·
Registered
243 Posts
sorry you are having such a dificult time trying to get answers, there are a lot of help here, maby not for your specific problem, keep in mind Victory is in its infant stages, 10 yrs. unlike Harley so when you do find an answer , please post back so you can be of help to someone else. also while were on the subject, alot of parts intended for Harley or Japanese bike can be adapted to fit our bikes, just takes a little inginuity and imagination combined with determination and some tools,

best regards,

steve / old V W mech

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GPS and soud system

Again ,....anyone know how to make a garmin 660 play over the sound system while ipod is playing also
.I can make it work with Bluetooth but not while system is one. Do I need some spesial hookup wire ect...

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I am not I have it hooked up to power in left side storage thats it
If you get the Vic mounting bracket it comes with a harness that works with most Garmins, and is run to a plug on the right side of the console. This ties the unit into the stereo system

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok I see now

I will need to purchase a wire from victory, because I will not drill hole in dash. I have a ram mount on left side .Now.....Next question....How do I and where do I go to get this wireing harness conection? Thank you . Now we are getin somewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I will need to purchase a wire from victory, because I will not drill hole in dash. I have a ram mount on left side .Now.....Next question....How do I and where do I go to get this wireing harness conection? Thank you . Now we are getin somewhere.
Wire is only available through Vic in the GPS mounting kit. They kinda got you over a barrel with that one

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
10-4

OK I understand complettly now. Im not drilling my baby .My ol' nuvi 660 has a loud output so I will go with that for now,But you never know,I have to do mods. It's in my blood. thanx for the info Matt

·
Registered
114 Posts
Gps

Wire is only available through Vic in the GPS mounting kit. They kinda got you over a barrel with that one
I have a Garmin Zumo 550 and a 550 mounting bracket. For the Vic XC they offer a Zumo 660 with mounting bracket; however, I want to keep my 550, it's a better unit. How does one connect the 550 to the Vic XC sound system? Can't use the 660 mounting bracket, it will not accomidate the 550.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I have a Garmin Zumo 550 and a 550 mounting bracket. For the Vic XC they offer a Zumo 660 with mounting bracket; however, I want to keep my 550, it's a better unit. How does one connect the 550 to the Vic XC sound system? Can't use the 660 mounting bracket, it will not accomidate the 550.

You don't need the bracket; only the wire, but the only way to get the wire is to buy the bracket

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.