Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up at Car Quest today. I've heard to stay away from products containing ammonia and alcohol. This contains Isopropyl alcohol, but says it's safe on plastics, and says it contains no ammonia or other potentially harmful ingredients.

I'll test it on the corner first, how long should I wait to see it it'll hurt anything?

What do you guys think? Safe to use? I've been to every retail store around and this is the safest I can find locally, even dealer said they'd have to order some.

Attachments

·
13,188 Posts
I don't know I all ways use Mothers spray wax detailer. I finally decided enough on all the twenty can of wax chrome cleaner and windshield cleaner. Have one and be done with it.

Over night and out in the sun should tell you

Isopropyl alcohol is the same as rubbing alcohol

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
I wouldn't use it, but that's just me. For the windshield and face shields, I use Plexus and for the rest of the bike and on my car, I use Turtlewax's ICE spray detailer cuz its clear and leaves no white residue.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I keep hearing everyone here say they use Plexus. Maybe I'll just return this and get a couple cans of Plexus on Ebay or some other online dealer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hydrogen peroxide from the dollar store at $1/quart and a $1.50 el cheapo spray bottle. Works great on bugs. Been using it for 20+ years.

After that, Plexus works very well to shine -n- polish the windshields and face shields.

I'm always worried about the windshield hard coating - and anything that might degrade that.

I know that the Plexus is very expensive, but a can seems to last forever - you don't need much at a time.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Plexus is the sh&t, I have a can for like 2 years now. You wont go through it fast. I use on the screen, visor and my glasses. It just takes a little to do the job. You dealer should stock it, West Marine stocks it. You can even get the lil spray bottle.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Water.
Microfiber cloth.
Still got bug guts?
Towel draped over windshield for five minutes doused in... water.
Reapply microfiber towel.

Shiny.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Invisible Glass. You can get it at parts store or walmart. been using it for a long time, no harmful chems and it's cheap. Crystal clear plastic shields and glass.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Water.
Microfiber cloth.
Still got bug guts?
Towel draped over windshield for five minutes doused in... water.
Reapply microfiber towel.

Shiny.
Try some of that cheap peroxide...... let me know if you don't like it.

thumb up

·
Registered
80 Posts
I wouldn't use it, but that's just me. For the windshield and face shields, I use Plexus and for the rest of the bike and on my car, I use Turtlewax's ICE spray detailer cuz its clear and leaves no white residue.
Concur with RICZ, bought a can of Plexus on a fellow riders recommendation. Very pleased thus far.

·
Registered
784 Posts
1/2 and 1/2 peroxide and water. Pledge for the shine or when on the road.

YMMV

·
Premium Member
562 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Found Plexus at a Harley dealer (hey I ran outta options)

For 27 bucks a can it'd better include a steak dinner..

Think I'll stick to 1/2 vinegar 1/2 water for now. It's my 'general' cleaner that seems to work, and safe on just about everything.

Might try the peroxide solution sometime though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts