1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
640 Posts
nice looking bike.peeked my interest as well.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
says single clutch Im assuming its a dry clutch like bmw

·
Registered
837 Posts
I was on vacation last week killing time out of town in "bike shops" and stumbled on the Triumph Thunderbird. Wish I had not. ;)

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
You southern MD boys is funny.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I know the press is giving it rave reviews...

Larry
MCN did note a few issues:

1. Knees are near cylinders and may get hot depending on weather and choice of apparel.

2. Engine is rubber mounted, thus chassis losses some degree of stiffness, but the worst part is the bike shakes like a Harley at idle. Personally, I kinda like setting stuff on my seat and putting it on after I turn on the bike to give it a little time to warm up. No dice on that stallion.

3. Bike only got 30 mpg during their testing

·
Registered
107 Posts
One positive for how the motor is mounted is that both cylinders will stay the same temp. If you measured the temp of our cylinders after riding you would find the back cylinder to run warmer than the front due to lack of air flow to the back.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I've owned various models of Moto Guzzi for over 35 years. Life Member of the MGNOC and active on the Guzzi forums etc. etc.

I bought my CCT just as the California 1400 was coming out. I wrote down the hits and misses of both bikes and IMHO, the Victory CCT came out head and shoulders above Guzzis latest. Yes, I know the Moto Guzzi Cali 1400 is a better comparison to the CC. But the big Guzzi does have two trunk options available. No fairing though, just a windshield.

I haven't looked back for an instant and couldn't be happier with my CCT and my great local dealer, Randy's Cycle.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Yeah, but she's Italian. Ferrari, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Sophia Loren, Spaghetti and Moto Guzzi. Whatsa not to like pisan?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts