Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

this has my eye lately

4K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  Speedblue 
#1 ·
#3 ·
says single clutch Im assuming its a dry clutch like bmw

#12 ·
MCN did note a few issues:

1. Knees are near cylinders and may get hot depending on weather and choice of apparel.

2. Engine is rubber mounted, thus chassis losses some degree of stiffness, but the worst part is the bike shakes like a Harley at idle. Personally, I kinda like setting stuff on my seat and putting it on after I turn on the bike to give it a little time to warm up. No dice on that stallion.

3. Bike only got 30 mpg during their testing

#10 ·
haha you hit that perfectly! It looks like an 80s honda custom. I for one am not fond of it, or the triumphs, ick.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#7 ·
You southern MD boys is funny.

#14 ·
One positive for how the motor is mounted is that both cylinders will stay the same temp. If you measured the temp of our cylinders after riding you would find the back cylinder to run warmer than the front due to lack of air flow to the back.

#15 ·
I've owned various models of Moto Guzzi for over 35 years. Life Member of the MGNOC and active on the Guzzi forums etc. etc.

I bought my CCT just as the California 1400 was coming out. I wrote down the hits and misses of both bikes and IMHO, the Victory CCT came out head and shoulders above Guzzis latest. Yes, I know the Moto Guzzi Cali 1400 is a better comparison to the CC. But the big Guzzi does have two trunk options available. No fairing though, just a windshield.

I haven't looked back for an instant and couldn't be happier with my CCT and my great local dealer, Randy's Cycle.

#22 ·
Is it fast?
It isn't a Hyabusa, but it puts out more power than yours, both in stock configuration. It is peakier power though. It puts out ~83 hp @ 6500 rpm where yours put out ~76 hp @ 5k rpm. Yours is much torquier so if you don't typically ride around at high rpms, yours will feel faster.

#18 ·
Yeah, but she's Italian. Ferrari, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Sophia Loren, Spaghetti and Moto Guzzi. Whatsa not to like pisan?

#25 ·
WOW Pop, I thought I was the only person old enough to remember Cannonball run.
With all the news about the new record in the Cannon Ball Run, it just hit me that Pop's vid was not from the movie CBR with Bert Reynolds, but it was from Gumball Rally. I used to watch any movie that had fast cars and bikes no matter how bad they were. That was back in the day when I was more "easily entertained". :D Please pardon my mis-information.

Couldn't sleep until I straightened that out.

#24 ·
That got me interested too.
Lots of eye candy. Very mechanical looking.
I like Guzzi engine layout. Different and cool looking.
Heat from those heads would come in handy up here in the north....

#28 ·
Ride one and you ....

Guzzi are different. Ride one and you'll buy one(like Victory) or maybe not. I rode a new 2012 MotoGuzzi Grizzo. I was very impressed. Good power, shifted very nice, pegs were a little to high and rearward for me. I did like the overall feel of the engine and it handled great. Reeving it sitting still is strange at first, but cool, the things rock like the old muscle car V8 when you gas them. I also have an old MG 850 project bike. Fun to ride when it runs, ha,ha. Seems like I fix one thing and some other old part on that 1975 850 desides to break, a true classic.:crzy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.