Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont get me wrong i love my victory, if i didnt i wouldnt have bought a second one. however i have found it difficult to find products, or information about them. i understand that is to be expected and im not overly upset, just wanted to vent. i have been tryin to decide on a stage 1 map, ness tuner, vfc3, or pcv for my 2010 cross roads. ive been spending so much time online my wife says im addicted to the internet:ltr: yet still havent found hardly anything to help steer me in a direction. maybe the rain will stop and i will just ride it and quit thinking about what i want to do to it....

·
Registered
383 Posts
It's going to keep raining and you'll spend more time reading subjective posts regarding parts and their perceived effects. To pass the time can I interest you in a discussion regarding oil and oil filters?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just my opinion

The Vicks are so good from the factory that not much else needs to be done, that's why custom parts are hard to find. Performance wise, unless your going to drag race it the stage one kit is about all you need!

·
Registered
782 Posts
You aren't looking in the right places.

I'm sure forum rules do not allow me to post up links to places that do not sponsor, so I'll just toss the links in a PM to you.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
One of the reasons I wanted a Vic, was that I didn't have to pour money into it with aftermarket stuff in order to get it running fast enough. It was a big selling point for me.

The fact that accessories are not widely available can be countered with spending some time in the garage and making stuff yourself. Why would you want to customize it with the stuff everybody else is using anyway? Be original. If you want more power, look at Lloydz cams - other members who went that route reported back extremely satisfied.

Keep in mind, some folks like me are happy to ride a stock bike, and because I didn't have to save money for upgrades, I was able to buy more bike.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just guessing, but could it be that the Cross Roads is a fairly new model? I have an 09' Jackpot and there are tons of things that I dream of doing to it. I have found pretty much everything I have wanted; due in part to the helpful bunch here on the forums. The only issue I have is trying to convince my woman that I need this little piece of chrome that costs $150 :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I will post info when I get the Octane pipes, VFC III, and S&S intake on for everyone as a comparison. I agree the aftermarket has not caught on (with a couple of exceptions ie Loydz, conquest, etc), but I see that as an opportunity for people to start putting parts out. There is a market there.

·
Registered
567 Posts
You aren't looking in the right places.

I'm sure forum rules do not allow me to post up links to places that do not sponsor, so I'll just toss the links in a PM to you.
Feel free to send them my way as well.....LOL.....:ltr:

·
Registered
161 Posts
^^^^^^^I'm interested in these links too! Please send me a PM

·
13,047 Posts
worm5932
You don't say where you live so I can't swing by and help.
Meany have said the flash is not worth the money buy a fuel tuner.

Now keep in mine if your a vendor and H-D sells 10 bikes to every one Vic who you going to make parts for?
You do some research you'll find parts that are for another brand just might fit your bike.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the replies, suggestions, and the links. I do think that it is just slow going. There are a lot of places that make and sell things for the victorys. I have been to all the sites and looked at what is available. I'm not interested in chrome or accessories, I like the less is more look personally. My rant was more toward not being able to decide on a tuner. I think though I am going to go with the PCV due to more fine tuning that can be done. My cousin is a harley mechanic and said he never cared for them because they tricked the bike to thinking the throttle was at a different position than it actually was. From what I se that is no longer the case. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks again and I will definitly post results because a good review can hepl a lot.
Thanks again!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
To pass the time can I interest you in a discussion regarding oil and oil filters?
:ltr::ltr::ltr:

I can understand worm's frustration, but PhilC's comment was very funny to me. Like trying to solve a problem with another problem.

Possibilities are endless, just don't confine yourself to the walls that surround you.cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts