Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of doing the 280mm or 300mm kit on my 2005 hammer. Will this change the handleing? I know about the wheels and kit for the 300. If anyone has done this please let me know the changes

Thanks

Chris

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I have a 280mm and no kit is required. Handling wise it a little different for me because I installed the Kewlmetal 45 degree Pro Street Rake kit before going to a 280mm on a 18x10.5.

I will say this, after installing the new wheels and tires she seemed to lean easier and I was able to take sweepers and turns with a bit more speed.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply diamond on another note how much did the 45 degree kit mess up your handling?

Or was it the same as stock?

Chris

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Actually in all honesty the bike handles much better IMO. Its much more stable and I think thats one of the reasons it feels more nimble on curves and sweepers.

The only negative effect of the rake is the wider turning radius. Its almost 3 feet wider. That only comes into effect during slow parking lot maneuvers.

The Kewlmetal kit is ENGINEERED to keep the trail correct.

I cannot praise this system enough!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 280mm and no kit is required. Handling wise it a little different for me because I installed the Kewlmetal 45 degree Pro Street Rake kit before going to a 280mm on a 18x10.5.

I will say this, after installing the new wheels and tires she seemed to lean easier and I was able to take sweepers and turns with a bit more speed.
hello can u help me where to buy the 300 tire kit and the 45 degree rake kit thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the 45 kit is from Kewlmetal.com

A few places sell the 300 kit witchdoctor is the one I know of

Hope this helps Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts