Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking lately of taking my Thor pipes off and throwing my swept pipes back on. Something about the curves on the swept pipes are getting me. I was thinking of ditching the shields and wrapping them, but aren't they a straight cut at the exit.
Is it possible to slash cut them or would I have chrome flying off

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
147 Posts
cutting chrome

@NJ8ball... I would think some treatment would have to be done after cutting a chrome piece. Taping prior to cutting would probably help with a clean edge, but you would still have exposure at the cut. I would hate to think that the whole would need to be rechromed. Maybe a powder coating detail could be added to the tips! If you are considering taking the Thor's off (and selling them), please message me. I have an '09 vegas and I would love to take that exhaust off your hands.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@NJ8ball... I would think some treatment would have to be done after cutting a chrome piece. Taping prior to cutting would probably help with a clean edge, but you would still have exposure at the cut. I would hate to think that the whole would need to be rechromed. Maybe a powder coating detail could be added to the tips! If you are considering taking the Thor's off (and selling them), please message me. I have an '09 vegas and I would love to take that exhaust off your hands.
Hey man, Ill keep you mind. I haven't done a thing yet weather and $$ are blockage for me :) but ill let you let know

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Funny I've decided to go Thor but I see your enthusiasm. I could go with freedom performance swept pipes pretty easily myself. Darn car tires first before I can do anything though. @#&^!/

·
Registered
109 Posts
Not sure about the chrome pipes but I know on my black ones there was no finish under the heat shield . I had to paint mine black with high temp paint b4 I wrapped them, and yes they are strait cut at the tip.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
13,185 Posts
I've been thinking lately of taking my Thor pipes off and throwing my swept pipes back on. Something about the curves on the swept pipes are getting me. I was thinking of ditching the shields and wrapping them, but aren't they a straight cut at the exit.
Is it possible to slash cut them or would I have chrome flying off

you do know that swept pipes give you poor performance
Lets see a photo of your bike now

sent from home computer :ltr:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you do know that swept pipes give you poor performance
Lets see a photo of your bike now

sent from home computer :ltr:
I know they suck for performance, I do like the look of the swept better thou. I plan on removing the heat shield and wrapping them, maybe adding tips or cutting the ends. I had a thought of making them shorter but Im thinking that might take away more performance.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Thor back to swept

I have a 2011 KP with chrome swept pipes. I have the same issue, as they do suit the bike. They are not great for performance as they spec out at 96 HP & 111 Torque on the dyno.
If you like the swept but want performance, the RPW big slash is an alternative as it is swept but a two into one and comes in black or chrome.
I am considering these myself. However, in the mean time i am pulling the baffles out of the swept and putting in RPW baffles. According to Kyle at KMC, he says i will see increase in HP. The sound will also change.
Just something to consider.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Farmer,
I just removed the baffles on my vic swept for my 09 jackpot. There is deffinitely improvements in sound but negatives too. Especially when you are slowing down, the sound is annoying it is like a spin wheel that you would see on Price is Rite...

I will be doing something. I am thinking RPW or BCT or possibly cutting up the baffles from the swept...

Removed the baffles Thursday and will be doing something ASAP..
Good Luck

·
Registered
109 Posts
Jackpot try big city thunder baffles I just put mine in last week and love it! It's a little quieter than no baffles but don't suck as much air on decel. There is a vid clip of a Vegas on YouTube with them if u search something like Vegas big city thunder. They were only $80 and took less than 5 min to instal. Def better than payin $800 for new pipes

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
95 Posts
Cappel802,
Thnks, I amgoing with BCT.
I am calling them tomorrow. I guess they are closed weekends. Ugh....
I appreciate your feedback...

Thanks,

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is what I have so far on my stockers I picked up.
Waiting my stage 1 cans to arrive, those I might do a sand job on the chrome for a satin finish

1 - 14 of 14 Posts