Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping all will be well with the Texas folks here on the board. Been through a couple hurricanes in the corpus area myself, and I know what a nasty piece of business they can be. Houston, Corpus, Galveston, etc....

If you are able keep us posted on things and if any needs crop up let me know.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hoping all will be well with the Texas folks here on the board. Been through a couple hurricanes in the corpus area myself, and I know what a nasty piece of business they can be. Houston, Corpus, Galveston, etc....

If you are able keep us posted on things and if any needs crop up let me know.
Doing well in Santa Fe, close to Galveston. Pretty good winds this morning, and yard gets to drain a little between bands. My 8 ball ( Snake Charmer )is tucked in the garage on his Victory carpet, and high and dry. Hurricane party anyone?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doing well in Santa Fe, close to Galveston. Pretty good winds this morning, and yard gets to drain a little between bands. My 8 ball ( Snake Charmer )is tucked in the garage on his Victory carpet, and high and dry. Hurricane party anyone?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Just be careful. Don't wanna deal with a broken heart! ❤💔

·
Registered
144 Posts
we are doing better this morning. water receding, so our area is improving. can actually get in the truck, and look around. Dickinson, which is 2 miles from me is under water. North of Houston getting slammed, please continue to pray for our area

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we are doing better this morning. water receding, so our area is improving. can actually get in the truck, and look around. Dickinson, which is 2 miles from me is under water. North of Houston getting slammed, please continue to pray for our area
Glad you are hangin in there. We got slammed here in July, well...actually all summer. Towns all over under water and roads closed for weeks. It sucks bad.

But the 130 MPH winds you guys felt....I'm just glad you are ok. Anyone heard from @VicVisionBulldog ? Or magicvic?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Glad you are hangin in there. We got slammed here in July, well...actually all summer. Towns all over under water and roads closed for weeks. It sucks bad.

But the 130 MPH winds you guys felt....I'm just glad you are ok. Anyone heard from @VicVisionBulldog ? Or magicvic?
He and I are better than many.

I've been on 12 hour shifts with no days off and I'm being held to the station. Today I had a leak at home where the roof and chimney meet which is dripping water into my living room. I was able to break away today to at least slow it but I was not able to stop it. Hopefully we will be released tomorrow so I can try to do more.

This is my home for now but I hope to be home with the wife soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
He and I are better than many.

I've been on 12 hour shifts with no days off and I'm being held to the station. Today I had a leak at home where the roof and chimney meet which is dripping water into my living room. I was able to break away today to at least slow it but I was not able to stop it. Hopefully we will be released tomorrow so I can try to do more.

This is my home for now but I hope to be home with the wife soon.
Good to hear. Until the insurance looks at it spray some foam around the gaps where it meets the house.

Let me know if i can do anything to help.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
So far I have been luckier than many in this area. Had a close call but the rain slowed down enough for water to recede a bit. So many homes and property lost and destroyed around me by this Harvey aftermath. Stay safe fellow Texans.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Things are finally looking better here. Still have rain coming lightly. My neighbor has been totaling the rain total, and right at 40 inches. The wind gusts have been pretty strong today. Feel so blessed not to be flooded, as so many around me have. May move to the Hill Country after this. Thanks to all that have been reaching out to all of us in this area

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Things are finally looking better here. Still have rain coming lightly. My neighbor has been totaling the rain total, and right at 40 inches. The wind gusts have been pretty strong today. Feel so blessed not to be flooded, as so many around me have. May move to the Hill Country after this. Thanks to all that have been reaching out to all of us in this area

You've never seen those spring rains in the Hill Country? I lived by the Guadalupe and every Spring those floods could be horrible. Next time in Center Point, ask a local about the VW Beetle that floated up and got hung in a tree....:)

Glad you are dry and clear of the bad stuff Vix.

Now we just need to get @VicVisionBulldog a air mattress with a motor on it and a paddle on the side!

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
So far I have been luckier than many in this area. Had a close call but the rain slowed down enough for water to recede a bit. So many homes and property lost and destroyed around me by this Harvey aftermath. Stay safe fellow Texans.
I was just checking this thread to see if anyone heard how you're doing. Glad you're okay. I just remembered you lived way down south in Texas but I wasn't sure if you were more West or if you were right there in this storm's path.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I was just checking this thread to see if anyone heard how you're doing. Glad you're okay. I just remembered you lived way down south in Texas but I wasn't sure if you were more West or if you were right there in this storm's path.
Yep, Katy is just west of Houston. Several folks stayed with me for possible flooding and no power. They ended up lucky as well.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Glad all of you are OK.
Can't imagine 40 inches of rain. Hope I never see it first hand.

·
Premium Member
6,038 Posts
Hey guys, good luck over there... To chear you up I will attach a funny flood picture , take care guys..

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts