Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just joined and all that, hello all! Did some basic research into Victory and then also on the Hammer.

Have a local gentleman that is selling a 2005 Victory Hammer Premium with 16k miles. Bike has new tires, brakes, led multi lights underneath, Cover, hard bags and mounts, and passenger backrest with what also looks to be a touring seat. He does not have the factory cowl. Price? $4000.

Bike is the tribal green with black accents. Engine is the matte aluminum with chrome (some of these bikes have blacked out jugs from pictures I've seen). He's got it listed as "like new" as he paid a lot more than he's selling it for as it was for his adult son who went into the military.

Going to look at it tomorrow (9/10/19). Will check rubber on throttle bodies and other obvious things.

Have had 34 bikes to date of all makes/models/years so am no stranger to bikes but AM a stranger to Victory motorcycles. So any helpful hints/tips/tricks are welcome.

The Premiums look to be quite the polishing rags friend. Lots of upkeep to keep all that chrome/billet shiny but I don't mind.

Saw a few video's comparing the Harley to the Victory which were quite informative and helpful as well.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
12,201 Posts
For polishing chrome, I use Never Dull, the lazy man's polish. Cleans and coats and works on aluminum too. I had a lot of chrome bling on my XR and it was very easy to maintain. Remember, I'm lazy. Or is that efficient?
That Hammer sounds like a good deal to me. Post us as to how it went.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For polishing chrome, I use Never Dull, the lazy man's polish. Cleans and coats and works on aluminum too. I had a lot of chrome bling on my XR and it was very easy to maintain. Remember, I'm lazy. Or is that efficient?
That Hammer sounds like a good deal to me. Post us as to how it went.

Had Good luck with Never Dull .. Wish you the Best with the Hammer, sounds like a Good Deal ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts